Page 1 of 1

Is it possible to backup shared directories on a network?

Posted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:09 am
by Specular
I have several shared directories on a network, can IFW backup these directories or is it limited to only physical/virtual drive images?

I'd like to be able to backup some directories shared from OSX, but as it doesn't support writing to NTFS formatted drives I can't backup directly from the system itself.

Re: Is it possible to backup shared directories on a network?

Posted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:25 pm
by TeraByte Support
No, it will only image physical/virtual drives attached to the machine.
File based you can simply used the old NTBackup utility (not sure what they
are giving you nowadays - but should still have a file based backup). You
can also just use a zip type utility to zip them up.

"Specular" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

I have several shared directories on a network, can IFW backup these
directories or is it limited to only physical/virtual drive images?

I'd like to be able to backup some directories shared from OSX, but as it
doesn't support writing to NTFS formatted drives I can't backup directly
from the system itself.