Page 1 of 1
How reliable are time remaining figures?
Posted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:06 pm
by DrTeeth
How reliable are these figures?
I get 1:34 in IfW (running in Windows), 7:15 in IfL and 4:30 in (in
BIBM) 4:30. I would expected either IfD or IfL to be at least as fast
as IfW.
--
Cheers,
DrT
"If you want to find out what is wrong
with democracy, spend five minutes with
the average voter." - Winston Churchill
Re: How reliable are time remaining figures?
Posted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:10 am
by Brian K
DrT,
Are those times the total imaging time? With or without Validation?
Re: How reliable are time remaining figures?
Posted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:29 am
by TeraByte Support
as accurate as math... it's all calculated. yes each environment can be
different and eventually come to normalization.
"DrTeeth" wrote in message news:
[email protected]...
How reliable are these figures?
I get 1:34 in IfW (running in Windows), 7:15 in IfL and 4:30 in (in
BIBM) 4:30. I would expected either IfD or IfL to be at least as fast
as IfW.
--
Cheers,
DrT
"If you want to find out what is wrong
with democracy, spend five minutes with
the average voter." - Winston Churchill
Re: How reliable are time remaining figures?
Posted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:47 pm
by DrTeeth
On Sat, 27 Dec 2014 17:10:10 PST, just as I was about to take a herb,
Brian K disturbed my reverie and wrote:
>Are those times the total imaging time? With or without Validation?
The times I quotes were at the start of the imaging, all with same
settings including validation (not byte for byte). I did not have the
time to check if those times were accurate. I reckoned that as (I
assume) the same maths would be used with each version, those times
would be comparable
I did find the IfW time at the very start of the imaging to be
accurate, reflecting the actual total imaging time.
--
Cheers,
DrT
** You've never known happiness until you're married;
** but by then it is too late.