"Image for Windows" link in Start-up menu
Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:08 pm
In the Start Menu of 64-bit Windows 7 Pro on my laptop there is a normal-looking link identified as "Image for Windows", which I can see in a menu, for instance, whenever I press the Windows button on the keyboard between the Alt and FN keys. As a matter of reference and for sake of clarity, this menu is shown here too: "http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... start-menu". With a right-click on the link, I can see from its "Properties" that this link does indeed invoke the following target file, "C:\Program Files (x86)\TeraByte Unlimited\Image for Windows\V2\imagew.exe". This file does in fact exist.
I do not normally ever use this same link to start up the program. I am not really sure whether it was created in the past, and I am reluctant to remove it now. However, it seems to do nothing whenever I click on it as one would expect to happen normally from other program items in the Windows Start Menu. When I directly open Windows Explorer to the location of its corresponding folder and set of files, then clicking on the matching file, again, "C:\Program Files (x86)\TeraByte Unlimited\Image for Windows\V2\imagew.exe", I get the UAC dialogue prompt, but nothing whatsoever happens after clicking through it.
I am using the most recent version (ver. 2.93) of IFW,installed on 64-bit Win7 Pro. Should not its link on the Start Menu serve to invoke the program's GUI, or is this merely a remnant from a prior installation?
I do not normally ever use this same link to start up the program. I am not really sure whether it was created in the past, and I am reluctant to remove it now. However, it seems to do nothing whenever I click on it as one would expect to happen normally from other program items in the Windows Start Menu. When I directly open Windows Explorer to the location of its corresponding folder and set of files, then clicking on the matching file, again, "C:\Program Files (x86)\TeraByte Unlimited\Image for Windows\V2\imagew.exe", I get the UAC dialogue prompt, but nothing whatsoever happens after clicking through it.
I am using the most recent version (ver. 2.93) of IFW,installed on 64-bit Win7 Pro. Should not its link on the Start Menu serve to invoke the program's GUI, or is this merely a remnant from a prior installation?