Page 1 of 1

IFLBOOT and UEFI

Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:09 am
by Brian K
I have a new test computer. Win8 is installed in UEFI mode and I was pleasantly surprised to find IFLBOOT works normally and can do auto restores from scripts.

I assumed IFLBOOT would only work in a MBR system but that's not the case. Is it OK to use IFLBOOT in my main UEFI computer? I'm happy to try "anything" in the test computer.

Re: IFLBOOT and UEFI

Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:06 am
by TeraByte Support
it would only boot if the bios is smart enough to boot from the MBR when
there is no GPT place holder.


"Brian K" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

I have a new test computer. Win8 is installed in UEFI mode and I was
pleasantly surprised to find IFLBOOT works normally and can do auto restores
from scripts.

I assumed IFLBOOT would only work in a MBR system but that's not the case.
Is it OK to use IFLBOOT in my main UEFI computer? I'm happy to try
"anything" in the test computer.


Re: IFLBOOT and UEFI

Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:41 am
by Brian K
Understood.

The UEFI BIOS is set to Secure Boot and CSM is enabled. The Boot Menu lets me boot BIBM normally and for IFL and TBWinRE I have the option of booting Legacy or UEFI. Looks like I have a friendly UEFI BIOS.