Page 1 of 1
IFW default filename for images
Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:20 am
by jelson
in IFW 2.92 I find the following suggestion for the image filename:
Backup-w0-0x1-$~YYYY$-$~MM$-$~DD$-$~HHMM$
From the manual, it seems "w" indicates IFW is being used and # following it is the HDD #
Is the "x1" in "-0x1" indicating the partition #?
If so, what is "-0" indicating?
Finally, is there any way to customize the suggested filename?
Thanks
Re: IFW default filename for images
Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:39 pm
by mjnelson99
I am imaging 2 different laptops so wanted a way to tell which image was
which.
I just edit the name with an abbreviated 55 for one and V3 for the
other. I can also indicate if I made anything special before creating
this image such as MS updates.
Of course, this would be done manually every image.
Mary
On 12/11/2014 2:20 AM, jelson wrote:
> in IFW 2.92 I find the following suggestion for the image filename:
>
> Backup-w0-0x1-$~YYYY$-$~MM$-$~DD$-$~HHMM$
>
> From the manual, it seems "w" indicates IFW is being used and # following it is the HDD #
>
> Is the "x1" in "-0x1" indicating the partition #?
>
> If so, what is "-0" indicating?
>
> Finally, is there any way to customize the suggested filename?
>
> Thanks
>
>
Re: IFW default filename for images
Posted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:09 am
by Bob Coleman
I think the 0x in 0x1 indicates the the number (1) is a hexadecimal number (a meaningless distinction for the number 1, but meaningful for larger numbers).
Re: IFW default filename for images
Posted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:32 pm
by TeraByte Support
w0 is the drive (windows drive - w is a modifier for windows drive) and the
0x1 is the partition id.
you can change the default naming if you wanted.
"jelson" wrote in message news:
[email protected]...
in IFW 2.92 I find the following suggestion for the image filename:
Backup-w0-0x1-$~YYYY$-$~MM$-$~DD$-$~HHMM$
From the manual, it seems "w" indicates IFW is being used and # following it
is the HDD #
Is the "x1" in "-0x1" indicating the partition #?
If so, what is "-0" indicating?
Finally, is there any way to customize the suggested filename?
Thanks