Page 1 of 1

Size Selected for Backups

Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:37 am
by Ed Smith
In both IFD (GUI) & IFL (GUI) version 2.91 I have made images to my USB
external hard drive.

I would select MAX for the size and when completed, there would be only one
file. This is a 30 GB partition.

For both programs using version 2.92 when I select MAX, I get multiple files
each around 4 GB each.

Has anyone noticed this ?

Maybe just a bug in the newer version ?

No big deal. I can live with but just wondered what has changed as I am
accustomed to only having one file for the backup.

Thanks,
Ed.


Re: Size Selected for Backups

Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:48 am
by Brian K
Ed,

It's not happening here. Is the partition on your USB external HD FAT32?

Re: Size Selected for Backups

Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:37 pm
by TeraByte Support
FAT/FAT32 file sizes are limited.

"Ed" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

In both IFD (GUI) & IFL (GUI) version 2.91 I have made images to my USB
external hard drive.

I would select MAX for the size and when completed, there would be only one
file. This is a 30 GB partition.

For both programs using version 2.92 when I select MAX, I get multiple files
each around 4 GB each.

Has anyone noticed this ?

Maybe just a bug in the newer version ?

No big deal. I can live with but just wondered what has changed as I am
accustomed to only having one file for the backup.

Thanks,
Ed.


Re: Size Selected for Backups

Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:34 pm
by Ed Smith
No, it's NTFS.

"Brian K" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

Ed,

It's not happening here. Is the partition on your USB external HD FAT32?


Re: Size Selected for Backups

Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:41 pm
by Ed Smith
In my last reply to you I said it was NTFS.

After I clicked send, I realized that I was using another drive of mine that
I don't normally use and it is FAT32.

Thanks for the info and clearing it up for me.

Ed.



"Brian K" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

Ed,

It's not happening here. Is the partition on your USB external HD FAT32?


Re: Size Selected for Backups

Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:41 pm
by Ed Smith
Thank you. That explains it.

Ed.

"TeraByte Support" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

FAT/FAT32 file sizes are limited.

"Ed" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

In both IFD (GUI) & IFL (GUI) version 2.91 I have made images to my USB
external hard drive.

I would select MAX for the size and when completed, there would be only one
file. This is a 30 GB partition.

For both programs using version 2.92 when I select MAX, I get multiple files
each around 4 GB each.

Has anyone noticed this ?

Maybe just a bug in the newer version ?

No big deal. I can live with but just wondered what has changed as I am
accustomed to only having one file for the backup.

Thanks,
Ed.