Can't create boot disc on 64-bit machines
Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:29 pm
I must be missing something, I am a long time IFW user and have never had any issues creating IFL boot discs until last night. I decided to upgrade to the latest version of IFW/IFL and create a new IFL boot disc. I tried the process on two different laptops - both 64-bit machines (never tried them before this), one was running Win7 and the other Win8. Both gave the same results - I would get to the "insert bland disc" prompt and it just kept repeating. I tried 3 different blank (CDs) in each machine but none of them would get past repeating the prompt. I had VCD installed on the Win7 machine and tried creating a virtual blank CD with the same results.
Eventually I gave up and installed IFW2.92 on a 16-bit desktop (Win7) and it quite happily allowed me to create an IFL boot disk - both virtual and "real".
What am I missing? Why wouldn't the process work with the 64-bit laptops? It's gotta be something simple - it just isn't in my knowledge base
Thanks for the help and a great product!
Peter
Eventually I gave up and installed IFW2.92 on a 16-bit desktop (Win7) and it quite happily allowed me to create an IFL boot disk - both virtual and "real".
What am I missing? Why wouldn't the process work with the 64-bit laptops? It's gotta be something simple - it just isn't in my knowledge base
Thanks for the help and a great product!
Peter