Completely unattended PXE Install possible?
Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:08 pm
Hello,
We currently use Image For Linux to backup and restore images to linux workstations of identical hardware in our organizations. We currently boot from USB then have to navigate the IFL menu to restore the backup. We'd like to get the manual steps down to zero. I'd like to pxe boot a machine on a certain subnet and have it download and restore a specific image without needing to have a keyboard, monitor or mouse installed on the machine that is being imaged. Has anyone done this with IFL? Is it possible?
Second question, is IFL compatible with the dd utility? For instance, can I decompress an IFL image and specify it as the infile for dd?
Thanks!!
We currently use Image For Linux to backup and restore images to linux workstations of identical hardware in our organizations. We currently boot from USB then have to navigate the IFL menu to restore the backup. We'd like to get the manual steps down to zero. I'd like to pxe boot a machine on a certain subnet and have it download and restore a specific image without needing to have a keyboard, monitor or mouse installed on the machine that is being imaged. Has anyone done this with IFL? Is it possible?
Second question, is IFL compatible with the dd utility? For instance, can I decompress an IFL image and specify it as the infile for dd?
Thanks!!