Page 1 of 1

FYI: EMET, SEHOP and "Image stream corrupt"

Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:43 pm
by Scott
This is exactly what the subject says; an FYI, not a support request.

I have found out the hard way that enforcing the SEHOP mitigation system-wide using the Microsoft Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit (EMET) [ http://www.microsoft.com/emet ] causes "The image stream is corrupt" failures. I found I had to either set the SEHOP option to Disabled, or set it to "Application Opt Out" and then configure the IFW process (imagew64.exe) to have all mitigations disabled to avoid this error. (Disabling SEHOP would likely be sufficient, but no mitigations for IFW are necessary anyway.)

I'm running Win8.1 Pro x64 and had this issue with EMET 4.1 Update 1 and EMET 5 (which was a disaster in many ways).

I suspect the underlying issue has to do with anti-piracy measures used by IFW, but no matter.

Re: FYI: EMET, SEHOP and "Image stream corrupt"

Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:57 pm
by TeraByte Support
thanks.

Yes, the app is wrapped with Armadillo.

"Scott" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

This is exactly what the subject says; an FYI, not a support request.

I have found out the hard way that enforcing the SEHOP mitigation
system-wide using the Microsoft Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit
(EMET) [

[
http://www.microsoft.com/emet
](http://www.microsoft.com/emet)

] causes "The image stream is corrupt" failures. I found I had to either set
the SEHOP option to Disabled, or set it to "Application Opt Out" and then
configure the IFW process (imagew64.exe) to have all mitigations disabled to
avoid this error. (Disabling SEHOP would likely be sufficient, but no
mitigations for IFW are necessary anyway.)

I'm running Win8.1 Pro x64 and had this issue with EMET 4.1 Update 1 and
EMET 5 (which was a disaster in many ways).

I suspect the underlying issue has to do with anti-piracy measures used by
IFW, but no matter.