[SOLVED] Command line option for disk ID not recognized
Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:57 am
Hi,
I wanted to backup from command line in IFW, using the Disk ID (not the number), to avoid disk reordering by Windows. I've read the documentation and I thought I got it right, but it fails. It could be a bug in IFW.
This is the command I've used:
start "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\TeraByte Unlimited\Image for Windows\V2\imagew64.exe" /b /d:#EAD05EE1 /f:"\\?\Volume{638deda8-00e9-11e4-beea-902b3457e49e}\Backup\Big\Backup-Big" /max:50GiB /comp:14 /hash /iop:0 /priority:0
It starts and immediately gives the error:
Invalid parameter: /d:#EAD05EE1
/d:w#EAD05EE1 gives the same error. HOWEVER, /d:w2 works fine.
Any clues? Seems like a bug in IFW, unless I'm missing something.
Thanks
NOTE: The disk id EAD05EE1 was obtained from diskpart and it is correct.
I wanted to backup from command line in IFW, using the Disk ID (not the number), to avoid disk reordering by Windows. I've read the documentation and I thought I got it right, but it fails. It could be a bug in IFW.
This is the command I've used:
start "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\TeraByte Unlimited\Image for Windows\V2\imagew64.exe" /b /d:#EAD05EE1 /f:"\\?\Volume{638deda8-00e9-11e4-beea-902b3457e49e}\Backup\Big\Backup-Big" /max:50GiB /comp:14 /hash /iop:0 /priority:0
It starts and immediately gives the error:
Invalid parameter: /d:#EAD05EE1
/d:w#EAD05EE1 gives the same error. HOWEVER, /d:w2 works fine.
Any clues? Seems like a bug in IFW, unless I'm missing something.
Thanks
NOTE: The disk id EAD05EE1 was obtained from diskpart and it is correct.