Page 1 of 1

Software RAID and imaging

Posted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:57 pm
by Scott
Is there any way to get any of the TeraByte imaging products to work with any of the prominent third-party RAID solutions (e.g. FlexRAID, DriveBender, etc.)? I'd like to use one of these solutions, but I must retain the ability to restore an image from the pool.

Re: Software RAID and imaging

Posted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:12 pm
by TeraByte Support
In general you're better off with built-in firmware/hardware raid especially
to recover on failure. Firmware RAID controllers can be less than $20. But
if you still wanted to use software based raid then you would need to have
the proper drivers installed and it would need to be transparent at the
level the "drive" was accessed for it would work - TBWinPE/TBWinRE boot disk
you can add drivers to then see how it works
(http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/howto/ (the appendix indicates were to
add drivers)).

"Scott" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

Is there any way to get any of the TeraByte imaging products to work with
any of the prominent third-party RAID solutions (e.g. FlexRAID, DriveBender,
etc.)? I'd like to use one of these solutions, but I must retain the ability
to restore an image from the pool.