Page 1 of 1

File copy speed

Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:37 pm
by DrTeeth
I need to copy some files from a past backup to a folder on my hard
disk for safe keeping and later use.

I can see there are two ways to do this; 1) Mount the backup and use
regular copy/paste or 2) use TBIView and extract to the destination
folder. TBIView is **much** faster than the mounting method. Why is
this? TIA.
--
Cheers,

DrT

** You've never known happiness until you're married;
** but by then it is too late.

Re: File copy speed

Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:56 pm
by TeraByte Support
probably due to the way it accesses it - the right click extract from
tbiview would be the fastest (faster than drag-and-drop as well).

"DrTeeth" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

I need to copy some files from a past backup to a folder on my hard
disk for safe keeping and later use.

I can see there are two ways to do this; 1) Mount the backup and use
regular copy/paste or 2) use TBIView and extract to the destination
folder. TBIView is **much** faster than the mounting method. Why is
this? TIA.
--
Cheers,

DrT

** You've never known happiness until you're married;
** but by then it is too late.


Re: File copy speed

Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:56 pm
by DrTeeth
On Sat, 13 Sep 2014 08:56:11 PDT, just as I was about to take a herb,
"TeraByte Support" disturbed my
reverie and wrote:

>probably due to the way it accesses it - the right click extract from
>tbiview would be the fastest (faster than drag-and-drop as well).

That is what I found too. Thanks for confirming this is expected.
--
Cheers,

DrT

** You've never known happiness until you're married;
** but by then it is too late.