Page 1 of 2
Corrupt image stream on restore
Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:52 pm
by bhenson
I was trying to restore an image from one machine onto a new machine with a new hard drive. After clicking start to begin the restore I immediately got an error saying The image stream is corrupt.
The next thing I'm going to try is validating the backup against the original machine.
Re: Corrupt image stream on restore
Posted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:05 pm
by bhenson
OK it turned out the image was corrupt.
So I tried again with an image that I validated beforehand. This time I got this error:
"Error: Access violation at 0x00485AE6 (tried to read from 0x01B23000), program terminated."
Re: Corrupt image stream on restore
Posted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:06 pm
by TeraByte Support
try using image for linux.
"bhenson" wrote in message news:
[email protected]...
OK it turned out the image was corrupt.
So I tried again with an image that I validated beforehand. This time I got
this error:
"Error: Access violation at 0x00485AE6 (tried to read from 0x01B23000),
program terminated."
Re: Corrupt image stream on restore
Posted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:08 pm
by TeraByte Support
and of course try running memtest86+ on the system first.
"TeraByte Support" wrote in message news:
[email protected]...
try using image for linux.
"bhenson" wrote in message news:
[email protected]...
OK it turned out the image was corrupt.
So I tried again with an image that I validated beforehand. This time I got
this error:
"Error: Access violation at 0x00485AE6 (tried to read from 0x01B23000),
program terminated."
Re: Corrupt image stream on restore
Posted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:13 am
by TeraByte Support
after you do all that - if still a problem but not with image for linux -
send an email and I can send you a newer build of IFW (which is just a
rebuild nothing new).
"TeraByte Support" wrote in message news:
[email protected]...
and of course try running memtest86+ on the system first.
"TeraByte Support" wrote in message news:
[email protected]...
try using image for linux.
"bhenson" wrote in message news:
[email protected]...
OK it turned out the image was corrupt.
So I tried again with an image that I validated beforehand. This time I got
this error:
"Error: Access violation at 0x00485AE6 (tried to read from 0x01B23000),
program terminated."
Re: Corrupt image stream on restore
Posted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:04 pm
by bhenson
The image appears to be getting corrupted every time I put it on my external hard drive and then move the hard drive to another computer. I'll just have to be really careful and validate the image every step of the way.
Re: Corrupt image stream on restore
Posted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:23 pm
by bhenson
Yep, looks like it was just getting corrupted during file transfer. I was able to successfully restore. Out of the half a dozen times I've tried this is the first time I've successfully restored an image using this program.
Re: Corrupt image stream on restore
Posted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:42 am
by TeraByte Support
Could be the port on mobo, port on case (if using one - try one direct on
the mobo), cable, device or combo device/host, or memory.
"bhenson" wrote in message news:
[email protected]...
Yep, looks like it was just getting corrupted during file transfer. I was
able to successfully restore. Out of the half a dozen times I've tried this
is the first time I've successfully restored an image using this program.
Re: Corrupt image stream on restore
Posted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:51 am
by bhenson
I spoke too soon.
The image may have restored but when booting into Windows I get an extremely brief blue screen (disappears so fast I can't read it) and then the system reboots.
Re: Corrupt image stream on restore
Posted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:38 am
by TeraByte Support
you have to disable automatic reboot. Also I'd suggest running memtest86+
and validate byte-for-byte on restore.
"bhenson" wrote in message news:
[email protected]...
I spoke too soon.
The image may have restored but when booting into Windows I get an extremely
brief blue screen (disappears so fast I can't read it) and then the system
reboots.