Page 1 of 1

TBWINPE problem with WinXP/32

Posted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:21 pm
by comtrjl
Hi.
I've been following the tutorial for creating a bootable WinPE CD for IfW. The AIK for Win7 was downloaded and installed OK, as was the TBWinPE zip file. But I can't get the process to complete because of an error with 'tbutil.exe' (v1.6) which says it's 'not a valid Win32 application'.
I've checked what I can - the imagew.ini file, permissions etc but no joy thus far. Tbutil runs ok on a 64bit Win7 machine but also fails on a different XP/32 one.
If anyone has any thoughts on the issue, I would appreciate any help.
Thanks,

bob

Re: TBWINPE problem with WinXP/32

Posted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:03 pm
by TeraByte Support(PP)
I'm seeing the same thing. I'll run some tests on it.

Re: TBWINPE problem with WinXP/32

Posted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:47 pm
by TeraByte Support(PP)
The TBWinPE download has been updated and should build on XP.

Re: TBWINPE problem with WinXP/32

Posted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:19 pm
by comtrjl
Paul,

many thanks for responding so quickly. I look forward to trying it out.
Best regards,
bob

Re: TBWINPE problem with WinXP/32

Posted: Sat May 09, 2015 7:43 am
by 009hnoor
Tbutil runs ok on a 64bit Win7 machine but also fails on a different XP/32 one.
If anyone has any thoughts on the issue, I would appreciate any help.


________________________________

Re: TBWINPE problem with WinXP/32

Posted: Sat May 09, 2015 6:41 pm
by TeraByte Support(PP)
What version of tbutil are you using? The current version is 1.9 and is included with TBWinPE v1.10.

Otherwise, what happens when it fails? Do you get an error message?