Page 1 of 1
exFAT Support?
Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:53 am
by bakery2k
I have an external hard drive formatted as exFAT (in order to allow both for large files and for cross-platform read/write access). I recently created an image of this disk using Image for Linux. Unfortunately it seems that as well as the used sectors, all of the unused sectors were also backed up.
Is this because Image for Linux does not support exFAT?
If so, are there any plans to add exFAT support in the future?
Re: exFAT Support?
Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:13 pm
by TeraByte Support
Correct. We may add support, but NTFS is now probably more cross platform
than exfat since old windows versions also support it.
"bakery2k" wrote in message news:
[email protected]...
I have an external hard drive formatted as exFAT (in order to allow both for
large files and for cross-platform read/write access). I recently created an
image of this disk using Image for Linux. Unfortunately it seems that as
well as the used sectors, all of the unused sectors were also backed up.
Is this because Image for Linux does not support exFAT?
If so, are there any plans to add exFAT support in the future?
Re: exFAT Support?
Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:59 am
by ehyeoh
I do faced the problem to image SSD that containing exFAT. Latest Windows OS will only allow to create FAT32 for size 32GB or below. I have eXFAT partition created as 400GB. it seems like Image for Windows also backup the unused sectors in exFAT. The image is about same size as disk size. Do TeraByte plan to support exFAT imaging?
Re: exFAT Support?
Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:30 pm
by TeraByte Support
Maybe we'll add basic support for data only, but you can use an image of
an empty fat32 partition to restore with expand to fit to format it as FAT32
instead of exFAT or use NTFS.
"ehyeoh" wrote in message news:
[email protected]...
I do faced the problem to image SSD that containing exFAT. Latest Windows OS
will only allow to create FAT32 for size 32GB or below. I have eXFAT
partition created as 400GB. it seems like Image for Windows also backup the
unused sectors in exFAT. The image is about same size as disk size. Do
TeraByte plan to support exFAT imaging?