Page 1 of 1
Microsoft Wireless mouse 4000 does not work IFW winre boot
Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:22 am
by tas3086
Wireless mouse works perfectly under Windows, BIBM and IFD, but does not work under the (windows 7) WINRE created IFW boot disk.
I tried with additional drivers loaded in winre, and not loaded. Mouse does not work in either case. Works fine everywhere else!
Any suggestions?
Re: Microsoft Wireless mouse 4000 does not work IFW winre bo
Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:21 am
by TeraByte Support(PP)
I use the 3500 in both Windows 7 and Windows 8 WinRE without problems. The 4000 is very similar.
Which additional drivers did you try?
Are you plugging the transceiver into a USB 2.0 port? USB 3.0 can sometimes be problematic in Windows 7 WinPE/RE.
Does it make any difference if the transceiver is plugged in before booting or if it's plugged in after boot-up has finished?
Have you tried it on a different system?
Re: Microsoft Wireless mouse 4000 does not work IFW winre bo
Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:24 pm
by tas3086
I'm impressed !!
Yep, unplug the USB and plug it back in , and mouse is working fine. Such a simple fix.
( and I was using a USB3 port )
Thanks
Re: Microsoft Wireless mouse 4000 does not work IFW winre bo
Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:03 pm
by mjnelson99
Some may NEED to use a USB 2 port as well.
I do now wonder if doing that on my Win 7 X64 system would allow me to
use my wireless mouse (USB 2) in BIBM. I have been unplugging the dongle
and using a wired mouse when I want to go into BIBM.
Mary
On 8/8/2014 12:24 PM, tas3086 wrote:
> I'm impressed !!
>
> Yep, unplug the USB and plug it back in , and mouse is working fine. Such a simple fix.
> ( and I was using a USB3 port )
> Thanks
>
>
Re: Microsoft Wireless mouse 4000 does not work IFW winre bo
Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:33 pm
by TeraByte Support(PP)
It might make a difference. There are also often separate options in the BIOS for USB 1 & 2 and USB 3.