Unable to swap drives
Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:09 am
I wanted to install Windows 8 on my second hard drive. So I followed the instructions in the document "How to Completely Install Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8 to an Alternate Hard Drive".
Even though I followed all the instructions and saw the message from BIBM that it was swapping the drive, once the reboot occurred and the Windows 8 installation disk started the installation the result was that Windows 8 saw my hard drives in their original order and therefore would not install itself to the partition on the second hard drive designated for it.
Is there a reason why the Swap option would not work ?
Even though I followed all the instructions and saw the message from BIBM that it was swapping the drive, once the reboot occurred and the Windows 8 installation disk started the installation the result was that Windows 8 saw my hard drives in their original order and therefore would not install itself to the partition on the second hard drive designated for it.
Is there a reason why the Swap option would not work ?