Page 1 of 1

alternate Partition Names

Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:54 pm
by Lowgen
IFW (2.26) displays all my disks and all their partitions.

But the partition names do not match the names I see in Windows or in PartitionMagic.
They are old names that were changed in the past.

Is there a safe method to "update" these old names?

Thanks,

Re: alternate Partition Names

Posted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:04 pm
by TeraByte Support(PP)
Do you have the "Use Volume Label" option enabled in IFW?

Re: alternate Partition Names

Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:10 am
by Lowgen
>>Do you have the "Use Volume Label" option enabled in IFW?

That option is checked.

The old names appear if I selected 'Restore'.
The new names appear if I selected 'Backup'.

If "Use Volume Label" is NOT checked, those displays are the same.

(the names are important to me to avoid mistakes, and probably why I still use the older version.)

Thanks,

Re: alternate Partition Names

Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:13 pm
by TeraByte Support
You could try updating to 2.90


"Lowgen" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

>>Do you have the "Use Volume Label" option enabled in IFW?

That option is checked.

The old names appear if I selected 'Restore'.
The new names appear if I selected 'Backup'.

If "Use Volume Label" is NOT checked, those displays are the same.

(the names are important to me to avoid mistakes, and probably why I still
use the older version.)

Thanks,


Re: alternate Partition Names

Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:17 pm
by Lowgen
I tried the upgrade. It solved the problem

Thanks for your help. If I had upgraded before, I would not have caused this extra work for you. I apologize.
-----

I have other partition-revealing programs which use the old names found in the Extended MBR. Ugh. It would be great to have a utility to move the new partition names (in the root folder) to the Extended MBR.