Page 1 of 1
Restoring TBI image with IFD in VMWare
Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:01 am
by sambul24
I created a new single unformatted dynamic 10GB VMDK disk, and wanted to restore a 40MB TBI image onto it in VMWare with IFD. The image is a content backup of 500MB USB flash drive. After restore the VMDK was mounted in Windows and shown size 500MB. It also shows up as a 500MB disk in Windows Device Manager, despite it should appear as 10GB disk with one 500MB volume and free space after it. Is it an IFD bug, or something I did wrong?
Re: Restoring TBI image with IFD in VMWare
Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:23 am
by TeraByte Support
You'd use scale to fit on the restore (or new size if a single partition
restore).
"sambul24" wrote in message news:
[email protected]...
I created a new single unformatted dynamic 10GB VMDK disk, and wanted to
restore a 40MB TBI image onto it in VMWare with IFD. The image is a content
backup of 500MB USB flash drive. After restore the VMDK was mounted in
Windows and shown size 500MB. It also shows up as a 500MB disk in Windows
Device Manager, despite it should appear as 10GB disk with one 500MB volume
and free space after it. Is it an IFD bug, or something I did wrong?