Page 1 of 1
64-bit or 32-bit?
Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:30 am
by TDC999
Hello,
I'm using IFW on Win7 prof. 64-bit. For a while now i'm wondering if it is generally better to use the 64-bit or 32-bit Version of IFW? Didn't find anything about it.
Greetings!
Re: 64-bit or 32-bit?
Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:39 pm
by TeraByte Support(PP)
Either one is fine in Windows 7. In Windows 8 64-bit you should use the 64-bit version.
Re: 64-bit or 32-bit?
Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:06 pm
by DrTeeth
On Wed, 23 Jul 2014 04:30:21 PDT, just as I was about to take a herb,
TDC999 disturbed my reverie and wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I'm using IFW on Win7 prof. 64-bit. For a while now i'm wondering if it is generally better to use the 64-bit or 32-bit Version of IFW? Didn't find anything about it.
>
>Greetings!
>
32-bit is supposedly a little faster than the 64 bit version.
Personally, I have found using the 64 bit version improves the
reliability of network transfers. Not anything to do with quality the
backup itself, but I used to lose the connection to the network drive
much more frequently when using the 32 bit version instead of the 64
bit version.
--
Cheers,
DrT
** You've never known happiness until you're married;
** but by then it is too late.
Re: 64-bit or 32-bit?
Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:58 pm
by Brian K
TeraByte Support(PP) wrote:
> Either one is fine in Windows 7. In Windows 8 64-bit you should use the
> 64-bit version.
Paul,
I've been using 32-bit in Win8. Is there a good reason to change? With 64-bit my batch file occasionally hangs after the image has been created and the remainder of the batch file (renaming images) doesn't run. It is only occasional but doesn't happen with 32-bit.
Re: 64-bit or 32-bit?
Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:08 am
by TeraByte Support(PP)
Brian,
I don't remember off-hand exactly what the potential issues were, but the 64-bit version is generally recommended in 64-bit Windows 8. However, if the 32-bit version is working for you I think it should be fine.
Re: 64-bit or 32-bit?
Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:18 am
by Brian K
OK.
How about the CUI version? Any potential problems? imagewc.exe seems to work fine in my 64-bit Win8.
Re: 64-bit or 32-bit?
Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:59 pm
by TDC999
O.K. Thanks Paul and Dr. Teeth for your input. Maybe i take 64-bit, to get used to it for the future.
