Page 1 of 2
IFW failing on some computers not others
Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:06 pm
by bhenson
Using Image for Windows on about 15 Windows machines, but there's two that it's failing on.
In both cases there are no errors in the IFW log file, but there are three errors in the Windows Event Viewer:
Device not found.
Parameter: /d:w0
Program exiting with error code 17
The arguments I'm using in each case are identical. I have no idea what the problem is.
Any ideas?
Re: IFW failing on some computers not others
Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:59 pm
by TeraByte Support
Looks like Drive 0 is not found. Consider using the signature instead - see
the /d option in the manual for details (or you can use the UI to setup the
command line, enable the global option to Output Disk ID to Command Line ,
then setup the backup, click the Show Command button).
"bhenson" wrote in message news:
[email protected]...
Using Image for Windows on about 15 Windows machines, but there's two that
it's failing on.
In both cases there are no errors in the IFW log file, but there are three
errors in the Windows Event Viewer:
Device not found.
Parameter: /d:w0
Program exiting with error code 17
The arguments I'm using in each case are identical. I have no idea what the
problem is.
Any ideas?
Re: IFW failing on some computers not others
Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:47 pm
by bhenson
When I tried to use the signature I got these errors:
Unable to find the desired partition entry
Parameter: /d:{11699947-D6AB-4D13-AAE6-7A8697074A85}
Program exiting with error code 8
Re: IFW failing on some computers not others
Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:46 am
by TeraByte Support
Are you sure you have the correct guid?
Are you using Windows 8 and a USB drive? If so ensure you're using the
latest version of IFW (In general, make sure you're using the latest
version).
"bhenson" wrote in message news:
[email protected]...
When I tried to use the signature I got these errors:
Unable to find the desired partition entry
Parameter: /d:{11699947-D6AB-4D13-AAE6-7A8697074A85}
Program exiting with error code 8
Re: IFW failing on some computers not others
Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:58 pm
by bhenson
Not using Windows 8. This is a Windows Server 2008 R2 environment. No USB drives involved.
I copied what IFW thinks the ID is. If that's not it I don't know how to find the right one.
I have the latest version installed.
Re: IFW failing on some computers not others
Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:24 pm
by Brian K
Are you getting that guid from Show Command?
Re: IFW failing on some computers not others
Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:36 pm
by bhenson
Yes
Re: IFW failing on some computers not others
Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:05 pm
by TeraByte Support
It says it can't find the "partition" - what is the full command line now?
What is in the ifw.log?
"TeraByte Support" wrote in message news:
[email protected]...
Are you sure you have the correct guid?
Are you using Windows 8 and a USB drive? If so ensure you're using the
latest version of IFW (In general, make sure you're using the latest
version).
"bhenson" wrote in message news:
[email protected]...
When I tried to use the signature I got these errors:
Unable to find the desired partition entry
Parameter: /d:{11699947-D6AB-4D13-AAE6-7A8697074A85}
Program exiting with error code 8
Re: IFW failing on some computers not others
Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:21 pm
by bhenson
Here's the full command line from one of the 64-bit systems that it's failing on:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\TeraByte Unlimited\Image for Windows\V2\imagew64.exe" /b /uy /um /d:{11699947-D6AB-4D13-AAE6-7A8697074A85} /f:"\\10.1.0.253\general\Datacenter\Disk Images\DP-Data01\Backup-w2-$~YYYY$-$~MM$-$~DD$-$~HHMM$"
Note: I've tried both 32 and 64 bit versions of IFW on that machine.
Here's the command from a 32-bit system that it's failing on:
"C:\Program Files\TeraByte Unlimited\Image for Windows\V2\imagew.exe" /b /uy /um /d:#0x8769DDD5 /f:"\\10.1.0.253\general\Datacenter\Disk Images\DP-Mail01\Backup-w0-$~YYYY$-$~MM$-$~DD$-$~HHMM$"
There are no entries in the log for the days that it failed. There's just the error in the event log and the lack of an image file in the destination folder.
Re: IFW failing on some computers not others
Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:54 am
by TeraByte Support
so does the /d:{guid} sometimes work and sometimes doesn't? that is an
internal drive correct? could it be powered off with power management and
too slow to respond to finding it?
"bhenson" wrote in message news:
[email protected]...
Here's the full command line from one of the 64-bit systems that it's
failing on:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\TeraByte Unlimited\Image for
Windows\V2\imagew64.exe" /b /uy /um
/d:{11699947-D6AB-4D13-AAE6-7A8697074A85}
/f:"\\10.1.0.253\general\Datacenter\Disk
Images\DP-Data01\Backup-w2-$~YYYY$-$~MM$-$~DD$-$~HHMM$"
Note: I've tried both 32 and 64 bit versions of IFW on that machine.
Here's the command from a 32-bit system that it's failing on:
"C:\Program Files\TeraByte Unlimited\Image for Windows\V2\imagew.exe" /b
/uy /um /d:#0x8769DDD5 /f:"\\10.1.0.253\general\Datacenter\Disk
Images\DP-Mail01\Backup-w0-$~YYYY$-$~MM$-$~DD$-$~HHMM$"
There are no entries in the log for the days that it failed. There's just
the error in the event log and the lack of an image file in the destination
folder.