Page 1 of 1
Network backup speeds
Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:01 pm
by P19
I was wondering whether any general comparisons have been made of backing up with different protocols supported by IFL on a LAN. In terms of using sshfs, cifs, etc., which gives better throughput when other factors are equal, and by how much?
Re: Network backup speeds
Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:29 pm
by TeraByte Support(TP)
P19 wrote:
> I was wondering whether any general comparisons have been made of backing
> up with different protocols supported by IFL on a LAN. In terms of using
> sshfs, cifs, etc., which gives better throughput when other factors are
> equal, and by how much?
I didn't quantify it it, but have noticed that cifs is usually faster than sshfs when I've tried it. That could vary, depending on the systems and network involved. Overall, this is something that you'd need to experiment with yourself to see what works the best.