IFL CD does not burn to disk.
Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:43 pm
With the latest version 2.9 of iflnet.iso I had a problem burning to a CDRW, which I have used normally for burning previous versions. I had set it to burn and verify afterwards using Windows standard context menu item for BURN iso. It all appeared appeared to go along well enough until the end while verifying, when it said that there was an error and the following popup message appeared:
[attachment=0]Clipboard01.jpg[/attachment]
When I tried the CD to see whether it would work anyway, it also seemed to fizzle out during boot. First it stalled near the point where I was supposed to choose a graphics mode, and secondly it failed to boot when it reached the point of ticking off rows of dots while loading "initrmfs.gz". It showed this when it failed:
"isolinux: Disk error 10, AX = 4280, drive EF"
After these failed attempts, I tested the machine's CD burner on this same CDRW by the same method but with the IFU.iso image instead of iflnet.iso. This time it appeared to complete without error, stating in fact that it burned successfully. I once more tried burning "iflnet.iso" but got the same result during verification stage. Finally, I tried the exact procedure except without the verification step, and it actually did appear to complete without error; however, when I tried to boot the CD, it failed just as it had done so previously. I proceeded to try burning this same image with "IFL-Create recovery boot disk", but it too failed during the verification stage. So, I am thinking there must be an issue with the image for "iflnet.iso", at least on my system, 64-bit Win7 Pro.
I wanted to see about the result of trying to build an IFW CD environment. It seemed to complete successfully but I did not test it because I do not normally use this program and was not sure what to expect of it.
I did install version 2.90 on this OS, and it appears to work fine in other respects. Even so, I still have the customized image file you made for me when I had a similar problem with 2.89, and I will continue using it until this issue is resolved. I am not sure whether these problems are related because this time I get no direct reference to what is breaking it.
[attachment=0]Clipboard01.jpg[/attachment]
When I tried the CD to see whether it would work anyway, it also seemed to fizzle out during boot. First it stalled near the point where I was supposed to choose a graphics mode, and secondly it failed to boot when it reached the point of ticking off rows of dots while loading "initrmfs.gz". It showed this when it failed:
"isolinux: Disk error 10, AX = 4280, drive EF"
After these failed attempts, I tested the machine's CD burner on this same CDRW by the same method but with the IFU.iso image instead of iflnet.iso. This time it appeared to complete without error, stating in fact that it burned successfully. I once more tried burning "iflnet.iso" but got the same result during verification stage. Finally, I tried the exact procedure except without the verification step, and it actually did appear to complete without error; however, when I tried to boot the CD, it failed just as it had done so previously. I proceeded to try burning this same image with "IFL-Create recovery boot disk", but it too failed during the verification stage. So, I am thinking there must be an issue with the image for "iflnet.iso", at least on my system, 64-bit Win7 Pro.
I wanted to see about the result of trying to build an IFW CD environment. It seemed to complete successfully but I did not test it because I do not normally use this program and was not sure what to expect of it.
I did install version 2.90 on this OS, and it appears to work fine in other respects. Even so, I still have the customized image file you made for me when I had a similar problem with 2.89, and I will continue using it until this issue is resolved. I am not sure whether these problems are related because this time I get no direct reference to what is breaking it.