IFL CD does not burn to disk.

User discussion and information resource forum for Image products.
P19

IFL CD does not burn to disk.

Post by P19 »

With the latest version 2.9 of iflnet.iso I had a problem burning to a CDRW, which I have used normally for burning previous versions. I had set it to burn and verify afterwards using Windows standard context menu item for BURN iso. It all appeared appeared to go along well enough until the end while verifying, when it said that there was an error and the following popup message appeared:

[attachment=0]Clipboard01.jpg[/attachment]

When I tried the CD to see whether it would work anyway, it also seemed to fizzle out during boot. First it stalled near the point where I was supposed to choose a graphics mode, and secondly it failed to boot when it reached the point of ticking off rows of dots while loading "initrmfs.gz". It showed this when it failed:

"isolinux: Disk error 10, AX = 4280, drive EF"

After these failed attempts, I tested the machine's CD burner on this same CDRW by the same method but with the IFU.iso image instead of iflnet.iso. This time it appeared to complete without error, stating in fact that it burned successfully. I once more tried burning "iflnet.iso" but got the same result during verification stage. Finally, I tried the exact procedure except without the verification step, and it actually did appear to complete without error; however, when I tried to boot the CD, it failed just as it had done so previously. I proceeded to try burning this same image with "IFL-Create recovery boot disk", but it too failed during the verification stage. So, I am thinking there must be an issue with the image for "iflnet.iso", at least on my system, 64-bit Win7 Pro.

I wanted to see about the result of trying to build an IFW CD environment. It seemed to complete successfully but I did not test it because I do not normally use this program and was not sure what to expect of it.

I did install version 2.90 on this OS, and it appears to work fine in other respects. Even so, I still have the customized image file you made for me when I had a similar problem with 2.89, and I will continue using it until this issue is resolved. I am not sure whether these problems are related because this time I get no direct reference to what is breaking it.
Attachments
screenshot
screenshot
Clipboard01.jpg (12.41 KiB) Viewed 2716 times
TeraByte Support(TP)

Re: IFL CD does not burn to disk.

Post by TeraByte Support(TP) »

Just ran some tests here to double check this; IFL 2.90 burns/validates successfully to CDRW here, and then boots OK, including when burning it from Win7 using both MakeDisk, and the Windows burn utility.

I believe the problems you're having would tend to point to a bad CDRW disc and/or drive. Have you tried a new CDRW disc, or tried burning the disc on another system? The IFU ISO image is smaller than IFL, so it's possible that it may burn successfully to the same disc where IFL fails.
P19

Re: IFL CD does not burn to disk.

Post by P19 »

> "... [problem] tend to point to a bad CDRW disc and/or drive."

Tom,

Yes, you are absolutely right on with that call. I changed out the disk and it worked perfectly the first time. I should have tried that before opening my mouth but I figured it to be fine since I grabbed it from the same bunch of others, which showed no signs of a problem. This one was just bad, like my call. Thanks for the help, again.