Urgent Can't backup to external harddrive

User discussion and information resource forum for Image products.
TDC999

Urgent Can't backup to external harddrive

Post by TDC999 »

Hi,

i just tried to make a backkup of an entire disk with the IFW (image for dos) recovery disk to an external USB harddrive. After some seconds the backup fails. Is this because the external harddrive is NTFS and or there are files larger than 4GB and if so, how can i make an backup.

Greetings

Edit: t think i found the solution now by myself. I plugged the external USB drive to another computer and chanded the NTFS permissions. Before The Group Administrators and System had full access. Then i added one specific adminaccount of pc2 with full access. Then i plugged this into my other laptop and was able to pull the image. This is very weird since on pc1 there is another admin acount (same name though) but the SID should be different. Any explanation what could have caused this? :?:

Edit 6.6.2014: I was just looking throught the changelog and saw that in version 2.82, which was the version that was on the cd, there was a bug related to ntfs. Maybe that was causing this?
TeraByte Support(PP)

Re: Urgent Can't backup to external harddrive

Post by TeraByte Support(PP) »

It might have been USB related. IFL and TBWinRE/PE generally provide better USB support.