Can't restore using encrypted hard drive bay
Posted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:31 pm
I have been using a system with a removable drive bay with built-in encryption made by CRU. Product info here: http://www.cru-inc.com/products/dataport/dp25_secure/ .
I am using a bootable WinPE disk with Image for Windows on it to do my backups and restores, which work fine with IFW 2.62. With 2.87, however, I can do a backup without issue, but restores hang at less than 100MB processed. I have the same drive bay in non-encrypting form, and the same image restores just fine.
Workstation HW is an HP Z220 Small Form Factor.
Has anyone tried this type of drive before and/or experienced anything like this? The log file does not have any content when this happens so I can't glean any info from it.
Thanks in advance for any help!
I am using a bootable WinPE disk with Image for Windows on it to do my backups and restores, which work fine with IFW 2.62. With 2.87, however, I can do a backup without issue, but restores hang at less than 100MB processed. I have the same drive bay in non-encrypting form, and the same image restores just fine.
Workstation HW is an HP Z220 Small Form Factor.
Has anyone tried this type of drive before and/or experienced anything like this? The log file does not have any content when this happens so I can't glean any info from it.
Thanks in advance for any help!