Page 1 of 1

IFW Settings for Win 8.1

Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:23 pm
by Walter B
Should the "Use New Windows MBR" in Settings be unchecked when using IFW
with Windows 8.1 Pro?


Re: IFW Settings for Win 8.1

Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:41 pm
by TeraByte Support(PP)
Should be fine enabled.

Re: IFW Settings for Win 8.1

Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:45 am
by Walter B
Thanks. I wondered because the disks are GPT.

On Wed, 16 Apr 2014 16:41:58 PDT, TeraByte Support(PP) wrote:

>Should be fine enabled.
>

Walter B

Re: IFW Settings for Win 8.1

Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:02 pm
by Walter B
Two more questions:

1. In Settings | CD Boot Image, which should be selected (I have made the
TBWINRE disk.) ?
IFD (default)
IFL
Custom
I left the default when I made the images.

2. I did not select the following when I made the image of the C: drive:
Recovery
EFT System
MS Reserved
I hope that's correct.


"TeraByte Support (PP)" wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Should be fine enabled.
>
>


Re: IFW Settings for Win 8.1

Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:35 pm
by TeraByte Support(PP)
The MBR option just controls which MBR code is used if it's needed.

The CD Boot Image setting determines which version of the imaging program is included on the disc when you burn backups directly using IFW. The default is IFD. Currently, the IFL cd boot files (if installed) are not automatically copied into the TBWinRE/PE builds.

On drives like yours, I generally include all the partitions since they're usually small. If you plan to back up only the Windows partition it would be a good idea to at least make one backup of the entire drive (check the "drive" checkbox). It will make things easier if the drive fails and you need to restore everything. Individual partitions can be restored from the entire drive backup so restoring just C: wouldn't be a problem.

Re: IFW Settings for Win 8.1

Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:46 pm
by Walter B

Thanks again

On Thu, 17 Apr 2014 08:35:30 PDT, TeraByte Support(PP) wrote:

>The MBR option just controls which MBR code is used if it's needed.
>
>The CD Boot Image setting determines which version of the imaging program is included on the disc when you burn backups directly using IFW. The default is IFD. Currently, the IFL cd boot files (if installed) are not automatically copied into the TBWinRE/PE builds.
>
>On drives like yours, I generally include all the partitions since they're usually small. If you plan to back up only the Windows partition it would be a good idea to at least make one backup of the entire drive (check the "drive" checkbox). It will make things easier if the drive fails and you need to restore everything. Individual partitions can be restored from the entire drive backup so restoring just C: wouldn't be a problem.
>

Walter B