Misplaced step in Image for Linux restoration process??
Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:22 pm
I’m using an ifl boot flash drive to back up and restore. The boot flash drive was made using a recently purchased 2014 ifl bundle using the graphical interface. The computer uses win XP.
The hard drive in my computer has an extended partition with a number of drives in the partition.
As an exercise, I’m attempting to backup and restore one of the drives in the extended partition. If I have problems, Windows should still work, and I have not lost important data.
I had no problems with backup, but one of the steps in the Restore From section seems to really apply to Restore to
The restoration steps are listed below, with the questionable step in cap's.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Please choose which operation you would like to perform at this time:
Select Operation
Restore
Select
Restore
Normal (other choice is automatic)
Select file access method
Restore from
File (direct)
Select drive interface
Restore from
Linux
Select File drive
Restore from
A table of drives appeared, and I selected the external drive
Restore from
Select file location on. HD6 (39C6736) – Seagate Desktop (sdg)……
Restore from:
There is only one listing, which is correct:
Expansion Drive Partition (01) 11907727 MiB HPFS/NTFS
Select the backup file to restore
Name
A list of all folders and files and folders on the selected drive is provided. I selected the correct .tbi file, and the name appeared in the Name window.
The next step confuses me. It looks like a Restore to step, and should follow such steps as select drive interface and target drive
SELECT ITEM TO PROCESS
RESTORE FROM
THE DRIVE IN MY COMPUTER AND THE DRIVE IN THE EXTENDED PARTITION I'M ATTEMPTING TO BACKUP AND RESTORE ARE LISTED.
Select drive interface
Restore to
Linux
Select target drive
Restore to
A list of drives appears, and I selected the computer drive
Select restore location on HD0……
A list of computer drives and partitions is provided. I selected the proper drive in the extended partition
Warning All data in the following partitions on HD0 will be lost
Correct drive is listed.
I stopped here.
The hard drive in my computer has an extended partition with a number of drives in the partition.
As an exercise, I’m attempting to backup and restore one of the drives in the extended partition. If I have problems, Windows should still work, and I have not lost important data.
I had no problems with backup, but one of the steps in the Restore From section seems to really apply to Restore to
The restoration steps are listed below, with the questionable step in cap's.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Please choose which operation you would like to perform at this time:
Select Operation
Restore
Select
Restore
Normal (other choice is automatic)
Select file access method
Restore from
File (direct)
Select drive interface
Restore from
Linux
Select File drive
Restore from
A table of drives appeared, and I selected the external drive
Restore from
Select file location on. HD6 (39C6736) – Seagate Desktop (sdg)……
Restore from:
There is only one listing, which is correct:
Expansion Drive Partition (01) 11907727 MiB HPFS/NTFS
Select the backup file to restore
Name
A list of all folders and files and folders on the selected drive is provided. I selected the correct .tbi file, and the name appeared in the Name window.
The next step confuses me. It looks like a Restore to step, and should follow such steps as select drive interface and target drive
SELECT ITEM TO PROCESS
RESTORE FROM
THE DRIVE IN MY COMPUTER AND THE DRIVE IN THE EXTENDED PARTITION I'M ATTEMPTING TO BACKUP AND RESTORE ARE LISTED.
Select drive interface
Restore to
Linux
Select target drive
Restore to
A list of drives appears, and I selected the computer drive
Select restore location on HD0……
A list of computer drives and partitions is provided. I selected the proper drive in the extended partition
Warning All data in the following partitions on HD0 will be lost
Correct drive is listed.
I stopped here.