Page 1 of 1

Image files never saved in specified folder

Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:09 pm
by Jim22
I am using IFL to back up a Win XP computer to an external drive. I specify an existing folder to receive the image file, but it is not saved in any folder. I guess you would say it was saved in the root directory. The file is named as I specified, but my folder selection never works.

Re: Image files never saved in specified folder

Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:03 pm
by TeraByte Support
you'll have to give more details.

"Jim22" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

I am using IFL to back up a Win XP computer to an external drive. I specify
an existing folder to receive the image file, but it is not saved in any
folder. I guess you would say it was saved in the root directory. The file
is named as I specified, but my folder selection never works.


Re: Image files never saved in specified folder

Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:10 pm
by Jim22
i decided this operation is not allowed.
I read the instruction manual again, and decided I cannot specify a folder to contain the .tbi file, so cannot name it.
Jim

Re: Image files never saved in specified folder

Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:39 am
by TeraByte Support(PP)
It's not clear exactly what you did. You should be able to save the image file in a folder.

Re: Image files never saved in specified folder

Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:10 pm
by DrTeeth
On Mon, 31 Mar 2014 16:10:10 PDT, just as I was about to take a herb,
Jim22 disturbed my reverie and wrote:

>i decided this operation is not allowed.

I have not problems at all saving all my backups to a nested folder
structure like backups, , OS etc and never have.
--

Cheers,

DrT

** Stress - the condition brought about by having to
** resist the temptation to beat the living daylights
** out of someone who richly deserves it.

Re: Image files never saved in specified folder

Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:34 pm
by Brian K
Jim22 wrote:
> i decided this operation is not allowed.
> I read the instruction manual again, and decided I cannot specify a folder
> to contain the .tbi file, so cannot name it.


Jim,

Have you tried double clicking the folder to make it available as a storage site?