Win7 stop 0x7b after copying drive and having both in system
Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:29 am
Hello.
I had a 256gb SSD drive in my notebook which had the boot partition, the OS, and data.
I used Terabyte IFL to image that drive. I then removed the drive, installed a new 256gb mSata SSD and restored the image to that.
Everything was working fine.
Now I need to put the original 256gb SSD back in the notebook as a second drive, and access the data partition on it. When I tried to boot, I immediately got a BSOD with stop code 0x7b.
I'm now guessing this is because I did not choose to change the disk ID or GUID, or perhaps the volume serial number?
Any suggestions on how to resolve this so I can access the original drive's data partition? Yes, I do have a backup, but before I resort to wiping the drive and restoring the backup, I wondered if there is an easier way to get it running.
Thanks.
tr
I had a 256gb SSD drive in my notebook which had the boot partition, the OS, and data.
I used Terabyte IFL to image that drive. I then removed the drive, installed a new 256gb mSata SSD and restored the image to that.
Everything was working fine.
Now I need to put the original 256gb SSD back in the notebook as a second drive, and access the data partition on it. When I tried to boot, I immediately got a BSOD with stop code 0x7b.
I'm now guessing this is because I did not choose to change the disk ID or GUID, or perhaps the volume serial number?
Any suggestions on how to resolve this so I can access the original drive's data partition? Yes, I do have a backup, but before I resort to wiping the drive and restoring the backup, I wondered if there is an easier way to get it running.
Thanks.
tr