Page 1 of 1

IFL for Linux custom boot.

Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:58 pm
by h0096585
Hello, I have searched the board and found information on how to create custom boot files if you have a linux machine, however I do not. I was wondering if someone could explain how to create a custom boot disk based on the criteria below. I am using a Windows XP and 7 machine to create the files.

I would like to:

Boot up, using IFL Linux 2.80
Log into my domain
Log into my administrator's account
set the net 0 to specific server
load specific share.

Thanks for any help I can get.

Greg Thompson

Re: IFL for Linux custom boot.

Posted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:26 am
by TeraByte Support(TP)
h0096585 wrote:
> Hello, I have searched the board and found information on how to create
> custom boot files if you have a linux machine, however I do not. I was
> wondering if someone could explain how to create a custom boot disk based
> on the criteria below. I am using a Windows XP and 7 machine to create the
> files.
>
> I would like to:
>
> Boot up, using IFL Linux 2.80
> Log into my domain
> Log into my administrator's account
> set the net 0 to specific server
> load specific share.
>
> Thanks for any help I can get.
>
> Greg Thompson

Have you tried mounting the network share manually, by selecting the "net1" icon at the top of the screen on the IFL (GUI) version, or the "Mount Network Shares" menu item on the IFL (CUI) version - and then following the prompts?

If able to mount and access the share manually through the menus, then the operation could be automated with a script if that's what you want to do. It is possible add user scripts to a custom IFL boot disk from Windows. To do that, you need to select "Custom Settings" in MakeDisk, and then configure the "Boot Option - Scripting" item, which is described in the IFL User Manual, starting on page 22.

Re: IFL for Linux custom boot.

Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:24 pm
by h0096585
Yes, that is how I normally do it, however what I wanted was a parameter file read on boot from USB drive that would do all the manual strokes for me.