Using Differential Backups
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:48 pm
Hello All,
I have been using IFL for some time, but have only created Full Images. I now want to use Differentials and so want to make sure my understanding is correct. Suppose I have made the following Full Image and differentials based on the Full Image:
BkupA Full Image created 3/1/14
Diff01 Differential created 3/8/14
Diff02 Differential created 3/15/14
So now I have the option of restoring my system to any of the three date listed. Is that correct?
In other words creating the differentials does not destroy my ability to Restore only the Full image.
Correct?
Thanks for your help,
Bill
I have been using IFL for some time, but have only created Full Images. I now want to use Differentials and so want to make sure my understanding is correct. Suppose I have made the following Full Image and differentials based on the Full Image:
BkupA Full Image created 3/1/14
Diff01 Differential created 3/8/14
Diff02 Differential created 3/15/14
So now I have the option of restoring my system to any of the three date listed. Is that correct?
In other words creating the differentials does not destroy my ability to Restore only the Full image.
Correct?
Thanks for your help,
Bill