Page 1 of 1

How to boot IFL in 800x600 graphics mode?

Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:54 pm
by Fracso
In my laptop, the only video mode that works is 800x600. Is it possible to create a boot disk that boots by default in this mode, so that I don´t need to enter it manually?

Re: How to boot IFL in 800x600 graphics mode?

Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:01 am
by TeraByte Support
when you run makedisk that's one of the choices.

"Fracso" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

In my laptop, the only video mode that works is 800x600. Is it possible to
create a boot disk that boots by default in this mode, so that I don?t need
to enter it manually?


Re: How to boot IFL in 800x600 graphics mode?

Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:32 pm
by Fracso
In MakeDisk, I don´t see this option anywhere.

Re: How to boot IFL in 800x600 graphics mode?

Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:36 pm
by DrTeeth
On Sun, 2 Mar 2014 11:32:34 PST, just as I was about to take a herb,
Fracso disturbed my reverie and wrote:

>In MakeDisk, I don?t see this option anywhere.

I have just run through this for testing and also cannot see this
option when making the IFL ISO.

However, it is one of the options when booting the disk itself IIRC,
at the first boot screen.
--

Cheers,

DrT

** Stress - the condition brought about by having to
** resist the temptation to beat the living daylights
** out of someone who richly deserves it.

Re: How to boot IFL in 800x600 graphics mode?

Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:03 pm
by TeraByte Support(TP)
Fracso wrote:
> In MakeDisk, I don´t see this option anywhere.

Setting an alternate video mode can be done by creating the IFL boot media from either an installed Linux distribution, or from the IFL boot disk itself.

The tutorial linked below describes how to create IFL boot media from a Linux distro. To set the default video mode, you select the resolutiion you want from the "IFL Boot Media Settings" menu while creating a custom version of IFL boot media:
http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/howto/ ... _linux.htm

If you don't have Linux installed, you can also do it from the running IFL boot disk. This method requires the extra step of getting the IFL zip file copied onto the running disk, but otherwise is essentially the same as above. This KB article has information on it, including the procedure:
http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/kb/article.php?id=545

Re: How to boot IFL in 800x600 graphics mode?

Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:03 pm
by Fracso
Good information. Thanks.