Recovery Partition
Posted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:43 am
My laptop has a manufacturer recovery partition. I had an image of this partition. I am wanting to delete it and expand the C partition to the entire drive. How difficult would it be to restore the the recovery partition and then use the partition to restore the C drive, if I decide to get rid of the computer one day? I will probably run DBAN or some other eraser program before restoring to make sure that my data can't be recovered.
I assume that all I will need to do is restore the Recovery partition and run that and it will partition the drive and restore the C partition and all the pre-installed software. The startup screen says to hit F11 to start Recovery. I have never tried this, but I assume it works. Is it really as simple as I think it is? Thanks.
I am currently using Win 8.1 Pro 64. To delete the partition, can I just right-click on the partition (drive management) and select delete. Then slide the C partition to the unused portion of the drive so that the C partition takes up the whole drive. It sounds simple...am I making it more simple than it really is?
I assume that all I will need to do is restore the Recovery partition and run that and it will partition the drive and restore the C partition and all the pre-installed software. The startup screen says to hit F11 to start Recovery. I have never tried this, but I assume it works. Is it really as simple as I think it is? Thanks.
I am currently using Win 8.1 Pro 64. To delete the partition, can I just right-click on the partition (drive management) and select delete. Then slide the C partition to the unused portion of the drive so that the C partition takes up the whole drive. It sounds simple...am I making it more simple than it really is?