IFL won't boot if BIBM serial pre-loaded Why?
Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:39 pm
If I create an IFL boot disc with BIBM serial key pre-loaded, it will boot one of my HP notebooks but not both. One of the notebooks just fails to boot. Of course, to make that disc, I have to choose "Custom Settings" from the product build dialog box. However, I don't select any of the available options in the dialog boxes that come after that. I only enter my IFL serial and my BIBM serial.
However, if I choose "Default Settings" from the product build dialog, it makes a disc that boots both HP notebooks. However, as you know, I must then manually enter the BIBM serial if I choose to launch BIBM after booting to that disc.
Both HP notebooks have an InSyde BIOS.
I would like to create an IFL boot disc that works on both HP notebooks with BIBM serial pre-loaded.
Any idea what is different between "Custom Settings" and "Default Settings" when the bootable disc is created? As I said, I don't choose any of the options in either case. I only choose "Custom Settings" because that's the only way to be able to enter the BIBM serial key during disc creation.
Thank you for all help. Love the product. Been using it for several years.
However, if I choose "Default Settings" from the product build dialog, it makes a disc that boots both HP notebooks. However, as you know, I must then manually enter the BIBM serial if I choose to launch BIBM after booting to that disc.
Both HP notebooks have an InSyde BIOS.
I would like to create an IFL boot disc that works on both HP notebooks with BIBM serial pre-loaded.
Any idea what is different between "Custom Settings" and "Default Settings" when the bootable disc is created? As I said, I don't choose any of the options in either case. I only choose "Custom Settings" because that's the only way to be able to enter the BIBM serial key during disc creation.
Thank you for all help. Love the product. Been using it for several years.