Page 1 of 1
TBWinRE and IFW updates
Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:44 pm
by a1pcfixer
Going by this......
http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/howto/tbwinre_tutorial.htm
...I didn't find my answer, so here goes.
If I install TBWinRE with say build 284, do I need to update TBWinRE
for each time I update to build 285, 286, 287, etc?
--
Jim L.
Using - Virtual Access(OLR)
http://www.virtual-access.org
6.3.0.5 and Windows 7 Service Pack 1 build 7601
Re: TBWinRE and IFW updates
Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:13 pm
by TeraByte Support
Yes, if you want the latest software version which is recommended. (I guess
you could also copy the .exe over if usb if you wanted).
"a1pcfixer" wrote in message news:
[email protected]...
Going by this......
http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/howto/tbwinre_tutorial.htm
....I didn't find my answer, so here goes.
If I install TBWinRE with say build 284, do I need to update TBWinRE
for each time I update to build 285, 286, 287, etc?
--
Jim L.
Using - Virtual Access(OLR)
http://www.virtual-access.org
6.3.0.5 and Windows 7 Service Pack 1 build 7601
Re: TBWinRE and IFW updates
Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:01 pm
by TAC109
I think Jim is referring to the version of TPWinRE itself, rather than
the IFW version.
On Tue, 28 Jan 2014 10:13:58 PST, "TeraByte Support"
wrote:
>Yes, if you want the latest software version which is recommended. (I guess
>you could also copy the .exe over if usb if you wanted).
>
>"a1pcfixer" wrote in message news:
[email protected]...
>
>Going by this......
>
>http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/howto/tbwinre_tutorial.htm
>
>....I didn't find my answer, so here goes.
>
>If I install TBWinRE with say build 284, do I need to update TBWinRE
>for each time I update to build 285, 286, 287, etc?
Re: TBWinRE and IFW updates
Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:06 pm
by a1pcfixer
TeraByte,
> (I guess
> you could also copy the .exe over if usb if you wanted).
Are you referring to these; imagew, tbiview, tbimount, tbosdtw?
A little more detail please.
Which file to what location exactly?
--
Jim L.
Using - Virtual Access(OLR)
http://www.virtual-access.org
6.3.0.5 and Windows 7 Service Pack 1 build 7601
Re: TBWinRE and IFW updates
Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:52 pm
by a1pcfixer
TAC109,
Yes.
Re: TBWinRE and IFW updates
Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:14 pm
by TeraByte Support(PP)
Unless you need/want a new feature provided by a new script version, updating is more to just have the current versions of the programs (IFW, TBIView, TBIMount, TBOSDT) in your TBWinRE/PE build. If you upgrade the installed version it's recommended to also upgrade your boot media (this includes updating WinRE if using it).
You can copy the .exe files to any alternate location (e.g. your TBWinRE UFD) and then run them directly when booted to TBWinRE. You can also browse to the installed location and run the newer version, though you may need to copy onto X: first.