Page 1 of 2

IFD Error 94 during incremental backup

Posted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:39 pm
by tas3086
Last week it was error 8 on a combine, this week it is error 94 in an incremental backup.
See my previous post "IFD ERROR 80 only during combine operation" for additional information.
Any ideas what is going on? I will run a validate test to see if validation works, but here is the log thus far:

=============================================================================
Script Name : C:\BUI9.TBS
Environment : DOS
Backup From : 0@0x1: WinXP(32)
Backup TO : 3@0x2: I_DRIVE
Comments : Using existing Increment as Base
Backup Type : INCR
Basename : 2014-01-01-1006-WinXP(32)-.TBI
Incremental : 2014-01-11-0231-WinXP(32)-(I)-.TBI
Run Command : IMAGE.EXE /ue /b /base:d3@0x2:"\2014-01-11-0231-WinXP(32)-(I)-.TBI" /f:d3@0x2:"\$~YYYY$-$~MM$-$~DD$-$~HHMM$-WinXP(32)-(I)-"
Options : EXEC,comp,13,,,INCR
EnvironmentD: ;u;hash;comp:13;max:4GiB;logl:4;logmax:1000000;logfile:\IFD.LOG;sch:d3@0x2:\;v
EnvironmentW:
EnvironmentL:
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
[ 1/18/2014 2:31:21 am] C:\.\IMAGE.EXE /ue /b /base:d3@0x2:\2014-01-11-0231-WinXP(32)-(I)-.TBI /f:d3@0x2:\$~YYYY$-$~MM$-$~DD$-$~HHMM$-WinXP(32)-(I)-
[ 1/18/2014 2:31:24 am] Image for DOS 2.86
[ 1/18/2014 2:31:24 am] Starting ...
[ 1/18/2014 2:31:27 am] Backup: Drive 0 (PATA) WinXP(32) Partition (01) 51207 MiB FAT-32
[ 1/18/2014 2:31:27 am] To: d3@0x2:\2014-01-18-0231-WinXP(32)-(I)-.TBI
[ 1/18/2014 2:33:43 am] Error 94 occured while processing file \2014-01-11-0231-WinXP(32)-(I)-.#0
[ 1/18/2014 2:33:43 am] INFO: Total Sectors:104872257 Total Allocated:55062112
[ 1/18/2014 2:33:43 am] Deleting incomplete or failed backup.
[ 1/18/2014 2:33:43 am] Deleting \2014-01-18-0231-WinXP(32)-(I)-.#0
[ 1/18/2014 2:33:43 am] Deleting \2014-01-18-0231-WinXP(32)-(I)-.TBI
[ 1/18/2014 2:33:43 am] Operation Completed with Error Code 94
[ 1/18/2014 2:33:43 am] The image stream is corrupt. Please reboot!
[ 1/18/2014 5:59:22 am] Stop

Re: IFD Error 94 during incremental backup

Posted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:05 pm
by tas3086
Validations under both IFD and IFW were successful.
With an image stream corrupt error, and yet a successful validation, would a valid restore be possible?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
[01/18/2014 7:41:58 AM] Image for Windows 2.86 (GUI)
[01/18/2014 7:41:58 AM] Starting ...
imagew.exe /v /f:"I:\2014-01-11-0231-WinXP(32)-(I)-"
[01/18/2014 7:41:58 AM] Validating: WinXP(32) Partition (01) 51207 MiB FAT-32
[01/18/2014 7:41:58 AM] From: I:\2014-01-11-0231-WinXP(32)-(I)-.TBI
[01/18/2014 7:45:29 AM] Operation Completed with Error Code 0
[01/18/2014 7:45:29 AM] Stop
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
[ 1/18/2014 7:49:48 am] Image for DOS 2.86
[ 1/18/2014 7:49:48 am] Starting ...
image.exe /v /f:d3@0x2:"\2014-01-11-0231-WinXP(32)-(I)-"
[ 1/18/2014 7:49:48 am] Validating: WinXP(32) Partition (01) 51207 MiB FAT-32
[ 1/18/2014 7:49:48 am] From: d3@0x2:\2014-01-11-0231-WinXP(32)-(I)-.TBI
[ 1/18/2014 7:55:44 am] Operation Completed with Error Code 0
[ 1/18/2014 7:55:48 am] Stop

Re: IFD Error 94 during incremental backup

Posted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:46 pm
by TeraByte Support
it appears to be something with the hash file #0 - you can delete it or
rebuild it.

"tas3086" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

Last week it was error 8 on a combine, this week it is error 94 in an
incremental backup.
See my previous post "IFD ERROR 80 only during combine operation" for
additional information.
Any ideas what is going on? I will run a validate test to see if validation
works, but here is the log thus far:

=============================================================================
Script Name : C:\BUI9.TBS
Environment : DOS
Backup From : 0@0x1: WinXP(32)
Backup TO : 3@0x2: I_DRIVE
Comments : Using existing Increment as Base
Backup Type : INCR
Basename : 2014-01-01-1006-WinXP(32)-.TBI
Incremental : 2014-01-11-0231-WinXP(32)-(I)-.TBI
Run Command : IMAGE.EXE /ue /b
/base:d3@0x2:"\2014-01-11-0231-WinXP(32)-(I)-.TBI"
/f:d3@0x2:"\$~YYYY$-$~MM$-$~DD$-$~HHMM$-WinXP(32)-(I)-"
Options : EXEC,comp,13,,,INCR
EnvironmentD:
;u;hash;comp:13;max:4GiB;logl:4;logmax:1000000;logfile:\IFD.LOG;sch:d3@0x2:\;v
EnvironmentW:
EnvironmentL:
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
=
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
[ 1/18/2014 2:31:21 am] C:\.\IMAGE.EXE /ue /b
/base:d3@0x2:\2014-01-11-0231-WinXP(32)-(I)-.TBI
/f:d3@0x2:\$~YYYY$-$~MM$-$~DD$-$~HHMM$-WinXP(32)-(I)-
[ 1/18/2014 2:31:24 am] Image for DOS 2.86
[ 1/18/2014 2:31:24 am] Starting ...
[ 1/18/2014 2:31:27 am] Backup: Drive 0 (PATA) WinXP(32) Partition (01)
51207 MiB FAT-32
[ 1/18/2014 2:31:27 am] To: d3@0x2:\2014-01-18-0231-WinXP(32)-(I)-.TBI
[ 1/18/2014 2:33:43 am] Error 94 occured while processing file
\2014-01-11-0231-WinXP(32)-(I)-.#0
[ 1/18/2014 2:33:43 am] INFO: Total Sectors:104872257 Total
Allocated:55062112
[ 1/18/2014 2:33:43 am] Deleting incomplete or failed backup.
[ 1/18/2014 2:33:43 am] Deleting \2014-01-18-0231-WinXP(32)-(I)-.#0
[ 1/18/2014 2:33:43 am] Deleting \2014-01-18-0231-WinXP(32)-(I)-.TBI
[ 1/18/2014 2:33:43 am] Operation Completed with Error Code 94
[ 1/18/2014 2:33:43 am] The image stream is corrupt. Please reboot!
[ 1/18/2014 5:59:22 am] Stop


Re: IFD Error 94 during incremental backup

Posted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:16 pm
by tas3086
Please answer my question that I asked:

With an image stream corrupt error, and yet a successful validation, would a valid restore be possible? Without taking any recovery action first?

Re: IFD Error 94 during incremental backup

Posted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:22 pm
by TeraByte Support
The hash file has nothing to do with restoring. If you would like the
integrity of the hash file itself checked, you'll need to send it via email
link to a download location (dropbox or otherwise) (you can also save it,
build another one, then compare).


"tas3086" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

Please answer my question that I asked:

With an image stream corrupt error, and yet a successful validation, would a
valid restore be possible? Without taking any recovery action first?


Re: IFD Error 94 during incremental backup

Posted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:04 am
by tas3086
Rebuilt Hash Successfully, but still corrupt stream ... now using 2.87
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
[01/18/2014 10:33:15 PM] /hash /f:i:\2014-01-11-0231-WinXP(32)-(I)-.TBI
[01/18/2014 10:33:15 PM] Image for Windows 2.87 (GUI)
[01/18/2014 10:33:15 PM] Starting ...
imagew.exe /hash /f:"i:\2014-01-11-0231-WinXP(32)-(I)-"
[01/18/2014 10:33:15 PM] Processing: WinXP(32) Partition (01) 51207 MiB FAT-32
[01/18/2014 10:33:15 PM] To: i:\2014-01-11-0231-WinXP(32)-(I)-.#0
[01/18/2014 10:33:15 PM] From: i:\2014-01-11-0231-WinXP(32)-(I)-.TBI
[01/18/2014 10:37:14 PM] Operation Completed with Error Code 0
[01/18/2014 10:37:14 PM] Stop

ran the job again to create an incremental: IMAGE STREAM CORRUPT again.
I see that you changed the output a little in 2.87 ... I see some new information in the STARTING .... line
( I did try a restore to a separate partition, and it worked, So I verified that this hash problem does not interfere with a restore)


=============================================================================
Script Name : C:\bui9.tbs
Environment : DOS
Backup From : 0@0x1: WinXP(32)
Backup TO : 3@0x2: I_DRIVE
Comments : Using existing Increment as Base
Backup Type : INCR
Basename : 2014-01-01-1006-WinXP(32)-.TBI
Incremental : 2014-01-11-0231-WinXP(32)-(I)-.TBI
Run Command : IMAGE.EXE /ue /b /base:d3@0x2:"\2014-01-11-0231-WinXP(32)-(I)-.TBI" /f:d3@0x2:"\$~YYYY$-$~MM$-$~DD$-$~HHMM$-WinXP(32)-(I)-"
Options : EXEC,INCR,,,,
EnvironmentD: ;u;hash;comp:13;max:4GiB;logl:4;logmax:1000000;logfile:\IFD.LOG;sch:d3@0x2:\;v
EnvironmentW:
EnvironmentL:
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
[ 1/18/2014 10:45:32 pm] C:\.\IMAGE.EXE /ue /b /base:d3@0x2:\2014-01-11-0231-WinXP(32)-(I)-.TBI /f:d3@0x2:\$~YYYY$-$~MM$-$~DD$-$~HHMM$-WinXP(32)-(I)-
[ 1/18/2014 10:45:35 pm] Image for DOS 2.87
[ 1/18/2014 10:45:35 pm] Starting ...
IMAGE.EXE /b /u /sch:d3@0x2:"\" /base:d3@0x2:"\2014-01-11-0231-WinXP(32)-(I)-" /f:d3@0x2:"\$~YYYY$-$~MM$-$~DD$-$~HHMM$-WinXP(32)-(I)-" /max:4GiB /v /vb /comp:13 /hash
[ 1/18/2014 10:45:39 pm] Backup: Drive 0 (PATA) WinXP(32) Partition (01) 51207 MiB FAT-32
[ 1/18/2014 10:45:39 pm] To: d3@0x2:\2014-01-18-2245-WinXP(32)-(I)-.TBI
[ 1/18/2014 10:47:53 pm] Error 94 occurred while processing file \2014-01-11-0231-WinXP(32)-(I)-.#0
[ 1/18/2014 10:47:53 pm] INFO: Total Sectors:104872257 Total Allocated:55061920
[ 1/18/2014 10:47:53 pm] Deleting incomplete or failed backup.
[ 1/18/2014 10:47:54 pm] Deleting \2014-01-18-2245-WinXP(32)-(I)-.#0
[ 1/18/2014 10:47:54 pm] Deleting \2014-01-18-2245-WinXP(32)-(I)-.TBI
[ 1/18/2014 10:47:54 pm] Operation Completed with Error Code 94
[ 1/18/2014 10:47:54 pm] The image stream is corrupt. Please reboot!
[ 1/18/2014 10:48:00 pm] Stop
.

I did a compare on the old and new hash file, and both are equal.

fc /b 2014-01-11-0231-WinXP(32)-(I)-.#0 2014-01-11-0231-WinXP(32)-(I)-.X#0
Comparing files 2014-01-11-0231-WinXP(32)-(I)-.#0 and 2014-01-11-0231-WINXP(32)-(I)-.X#0
FC: no differences encountered

Re: IFD Error 94 during incremental backup

Posted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:35 am
by TeraByte Support
Hello,

Send a link to the file in an email.



"tas3086" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

Rebuilt Hash Successfully, but still corrupt stream ... now using 2.87
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
[01/18/2014 10:33:15 PM] /hash /f:i:\2014-01-11-0231-WinXP(32)-(I)-.TBI
[01/18/2014 10:33:15 PM] Image for Windows 2.87 (GUI)
[01/18/2014 10:33:15 PM] Starting ...
imagew.exe /hash /f:"i:\2014-01-11-0231-WinXP(32)-(I)-"
[01/18/2014 10:33:15 PM] Processing: WinXP(32) Partition (01) 51207 MiB
FAT-32
[01/18/2014 10:33:15 PM] To: i:\2014-01-11-0231-WinXP(32)-(I)-.#0
[01/18/2014 10:33:15 PM] From: i:\2014-01-11-0231-WinXP(32)-(I)-.TBI
[01/18/2014 10:37:14 PM] Operation Completed with Error Code 0
[01/18/2014 10:37:14 PM] Stop

ran the job again to create an incremental: IMAGE STREAM CORRUPT again.
I see that you changed the output a little in 2.87 ... I see some new
information in the STARTING .... line
( I did try a restore to a separate partition, and it worked, So I verified
that this hash problem does not interfere with a restore)


=============================================================================
Script Name : C:\bui9.tbs
Environment : DOS
Backup From : 0@0x1: WinXP(32)
Backup TO : 3@0x2: I_DRIVE
Comments : Using existing Increment as Base
Backup Type : INCR
Basename : 2014-01-01-1006-WinXP(32)-.TBI
Incremental : 2014-01-11-0231-WinXP(32)-(I)-.TBI
Run Command : IMAGE.EXE /ue /b
/base:d3@0x2:"\2014-01-11-0231-WinXP(32)-(I)-.TBI"
/f:d3@0x2:"\$~YYYY$-$~MM$-$~DD$-$~HHMM$-WinXP(32)-(I)-"
Options : EXEC,INCR,,,,
EnvironmentD:
;u;hash;comp:13;max:4GiB;logl:4;logmax:1000000;logfile:\IFD.LOG;sch:d3@0x2:\;v
EnvironmentW:
EnvironmentL:
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
=
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
[ 1/18/2014 10:45:32 pm] C:\.\IMAGE.EXE /ue /b
/base:d3@0x2:\2014-01-11-0231-WinXP(32)-(I)-.TBI
/f:d3@0x2:\$~YYYY$-$~MM$-$~DD$-$~HHMM$-WinXP(32)-(I)-
[ 1/18/2014 10:45:35 pm] Image for DOS 2.87
[ 1/18/2014 10:45:35 pm] Starting ...
IMAGE.EXE /b /u /sch:d3@0x2:"\"
/base:d3@0x2:"\2014-01-11-0231-WinXP(32)-(I)-"
/f:d3@0x2:"\$~YYYY$-$~MM$-$~DD$-$~HHMM$-WinXP(32)-(I)-" /max:4GiB /v /vb
/comp:13 /hash
[ 1/18/2014 10:45:39 pm] Backup: Drive 0 (PATA) WinXP(32) Partition (01)
51207 MiB FAT-32
[ 1/18/2014 10:45:39 pm] To: d3@0x2:\2014-01-18-2245-WinXP(32)-(I)-.TBI
[ 1/18/2014 10:47:53 pm] Error 94 occurred while processing file
\2014-01-11-0231-WinXP(32)-(I)-.#0
[ 1/18/2014 10:47:53 pm] INFO: Total Sectors:104872257 Total
Allocated:55061920
[ 1/18/2014 10:47:53 pm] Deleting incomplete or failed backup.
[ 1/18/2014 10:47:54 pm] Deleting \2014-01-18-2245-WinXP(32)-(I)-.#0
[ 1/18/2014 10:47:54 pm] Deleting \2014-01-18-2245-WinXP(32)-(I)-.TBI
[ 1/18/2014 10:47:54 pm] Operation Completed with Error Code 94
[ 1/18/2014 10:47:54 pm] The image stream is corrupt. Please reboot!
[ 1/18/2014 10:48:00 pm] Stop
..

I did a compare on the old and new hash file, and both are equal.

fc /b 2014-01-11-0231-WinXP(32)-(I)-.#0 2014-01-11-0231-WinXP(32)-(I)-.X#0
Comparing files 2014-01-11-0231-WinXP(32)-(I)-.#0 and
2014-01-11-0231-WINXP(32)-(I)-.X#0
FC: no differences encountered


Re: IFD Error 94 during incremental backup

Posted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:44 pm
by tas3086
Email with link to 2014-01-11-0231-WinXP(32)-(I)-.#0 file has been sent.

Re: IFD Error 94 during incremental backup

Posted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:01 pm
by TeraByte Support
ok, emailed back, link says file not found (incase you don't get the reply).

"tas3086" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

Email with link to 2014-01-11-0231-WinXP(32)-(I)-.#0 file has been sent.


Re: IFD Error 94 during incremental backup

Posted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:16 pm
by tas3086
File renamed, try it again. tbfile.bin