Image For Dos on UEFI BIOS
Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:25 pm
I have purchased and used Image For DOS for years. I recently purchased a new Leveno laptop running Windows 8 and want to backup the laptop in it's virgin state like I have done with all my other computers. Since this is my first computer using the new UEFI bios I have been reading what changes I will have to do to accommodate the UEFI changes. I have downloaded IFD V2.86 and was going to use MakeDisk to make a bootable CD. This is where I have some confusion:
1. From what I read I need to download TBWinRE and use the MakeDisk in it to make the CD. True?
2. The product key in the imagew.ini file if valid keeps from running in "Trail Mode". Since my product key is a IFD key do I edit the the imagew.ini file with my IFD key?
I want to create the bootable IFD CD correctly to minimize the number of times I have to modify the BIOs and OS of the new laptop to keep the original image as close to what came on the laptop.
3. Are there any steps I am missing?
Thanks
1. From what I read I need to download TBWinRE and use the MakeDisk in it to make the CD. True?
2. The product key in the imagew.ini file if valid keeps from running in "Trail Mode". Since my product key is a IFD key do I edit the the imagew.ini file with my IFD key?
I want to create the bootable IFD CD correctly to minimize the number of times I have to modify the BIOs and OS of the new laptop to keep the original image as close to what came on the laptop.
3. Are there any steps I am missing?
Thanks