When you do the entire drive copy or restore (with scale to fit) you'll need
to use the option to install the standard mbr code to overwrite the old
rapid restore type mbr code. Then it will boot normally. To get back the
rapid restore, you'd have to reenable that - it used to be in the control
panel I believe when they were using the xpoint version.
If you're doing one at a time, I presume system-drv was the active one? if
so, restore that first, with standard mbr code, and set active. Then
restore your other two and ensure set active is NOT enabled, but do enable
the Update Boot Partition option.
"Mike" wrote in message news:
[email protected]...
I apologize for not responding sooner. Apparently I forgot to tell the site
to notify me of responses.
I tried moving the partitions one at a time using IFL. The resulting
partitions are as below (as read from Computer Management from within
Windows):
Windows7_OS (C:) 100.89GB
SYSTEM_DRV 596MB
Lenovo_Recovery (D:) 10.31GB
The partitions are listed in this order on Disk 0:
SYSTEM_DRV / Windows7_OS (C:) / Lenovo_Recovery (D:)
The issue and the question are, what is the proper way or the proper
Terabyte Unlimited tool that allows me to image a larger hard drive, such as
the one that comes with a new computer, to a smaller SSD and still maintain
the ability to boot into the recovery partition? When I got the computer to
boot with this configuration, the ability to boot into the Lenovo_Recovery
partition disappeared. If there's no way to do what I want, then I may as
well delete the recovery partition and reclaim 10.31GB of valuable SSD
space. However, that's not what I prefer to do.
In my case, the factory recovery partition on the new computer was way too
large. It's still too large. However, when I tried changing things, they
broke. The solution may be as simple as editing the boot.ini file, but
that's something I have not been able to master after many years of using
and recommending Terabyte Unlimited products.