Lost on Image for DOS Restore
Posted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:10 am
Utimate Goal: Restore my boot drive from the image I created when I first bought this program (6 mos)
First off, I had created a couple of Image for DOS boot discs originally, but they all came up saying 'evaluation purposes only' so I burned off a new CD, but it still says the same thing.
Second, the screens on this program don't match that in the pdf manual. They are 'dos like', not 'windows like'. I don't see any option to make a 'gui' boot disc in your program, and no specific path in the pdf manual listing any.
Third, I get to where I choose the image file (in the restore routine), and get a message 'unable to mount file system' when I select any drive. The image file is on two other physical/logical discs in the machine, and a copy is saved as well on a RAID6 network array (for good measure). But I don't see any way around this error I'm getting, or why I'm getting it.
The machine I'm trying to restore has 3 physical drives (Image for DOS sees all three), and the boot drive is a partition on a large drive that has several other logical drives on it. Nothing out of the ordinary here. I have no trouble creating image backups.
I could try a USB drive (both hard drive and thumb types) but don't understand the error I'm getting. All the HD's in this machine are SATA, it seems to 'see' them fine, just gets that error message. So I'm at a loss.
UPDATE: Okay, first problem is what I listed first. Why can't I seem to 'make' a full featured Image for DOS boot disk? I have my name/key file right in front of me, it was accespted by the program.. yet it fails to produce a non-evaluation (full) product. I'm beginingto see some of the limitations (for whatever reason) on selecting the drives/folders where the image files can be, then I'm up against this 'evaluation' limitation.
First off, I had created a couple of Image for DOS boot discs originally, but they all came up saying 'evaluation purposes only' so I burned off a new CD, but it still says the same thing.
Second, the screens on this program don't match that in the pdf manual. They are 'dos like', not 'windows like'. I don't see any option to make a 'gui' boot disc in your program, and no specific path in the pdf manual listing any.
Third, I get to where I choose the image file (in the restore routine), and get a message 'unable to mount file system' when I select any drive. The image file is on two other physical/logical discs in the machine, and a copy is saved as well on a RAID6 network array (for good measure). But I don't see any way around this error I'm getting, or why I'm getting it.
The machine I'm trying to restore has 3 physical drives (Image for DOS sees all three), and the boot drive is a partition on a large drive that has several other logical drives on it. Nothing out of the ordinary here. I have no trouble creating image backups.
I could try a USB drive (both hard drive and thumb types) but don't understand the error I'm getting. All the HD's in this machine are SATA, it seems to 'see' them fine, just gets that error message. So I'm at a loss.
UPDATE: Okay, first problem is what I listed first. Why can't I seem to 'make' a full featured Image for DOS boot disk? I have my name/key file right in front of me, it was accespted by the program.. yet it fails to produce a non-evaluation (full) product. I'm beginingto see some of the limitations (for whatever reason) on selecting the drives/folders where the image files can be, then I'm up against this 'evaluation' limitation.