Settins with SSD and a Raid issue
Posted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:35 pm
What settings are needed to restore a standard HD partition image to a SSD that’s partitioned with a 1 MiB sector in front of the partition (every partition on the SSD is created with a 1 MiB sector in front so the drive partitions are aligned – GParted is used for this process)
I’m not sure how to get at this disk scenario.
1. I have a raid 1 using LSI raid manager the boot sector is for the RAID setup
2. I need to eliminate the RAID without a complete reformat and install.
3. The systems disk is MBR appears to be the only difference, in that the disk is 100% readable if it was taken out and put in another standard system but it’s not capable of booting
4. Are there system restore settings that would be used so a systems image could be backed up, then convert the hardware to non-Raid, and then restore the systems partition that was previously backed-up?
I’m not sure how to get at this disk scenario.
1. I have a raid 1 using LSI raid manager the boot sector is for the RAID setup
2. I need to eliminate the RAID without a complete reformat and install.
3. The systems disk is MBR appears to be the only difference, in that the disk is 100% readable if it was taken out and put in another standard system but it’s not capable of booting
4. Are there system restore settings that would be used so a systems image could be backed up, then convert the hardware to non-Raid, and then restore the systems partition that was previously backed-up?