Page 1 of 1
restoration and verification
Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:04 pm
by now_john
When I restore an image, is there a way to verify that the pasted image correct?
Re: restoration and verification
Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:55 pm
by TeraByte Support(PP)
Select the "Validate Byte-for-Byte" option when restoring.
Re: restoration and verification
Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:06 am
by TeraByte Support
look in the .log file if still available ... otherwise look at the dates of
the files restored (validate option, change mask to '*' to browse around).
"now_john" wrote in message news:
[email protected]...
When I restore an image, is there a way to verify that the pasted image
correct?
Re: restoration and verification
Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:21 pm
by now_john
TeraByte Support wrote:
> look in the .log file if still available ... otherwise look at the dates of
>
> the files restored (validate option, change mask to '*' to browse around).
>
> "now_john" wrote in message news:
[email protected]...
>
> When I restore an image, is there a way to verify that the pasted image
> correct?
I just repeated the procedure and see that I used "automatic" restore before. I saw no "validate option" there. If I do a "normal" restore then I get the "validate byte-for-byte option." If I do a normal restore of a partition and then restore the image to the same partition, what boxes do I need to check? I now have "Validate Byte-for-Byte," "Assume Original HD," and "Log Results to File checked.
I am not sure what this means (from the quoted section above): look at the dates of the files restored (validate option, change mask to '*' to browse around)
Re: restoration and verification
Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:30 pm
by TeraByte Support(PP)
I assume you're using the current version of IFW. If using the default program options you just need "Validate Byte-for-Byte" selected to get the validation you want. Leave "Log..." enabled to save to the log file. No need to select "Assume Original HD".
Re: restoration and verification
Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:37 pm
by now_john
Using BIBM and IFD.
Re: restoration and verification
Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:53 pm
by TeraByte Support(PP)
It would still be the same options for IFD.