run a raid consistency check, may take a day or more to run but does it in
background in windows.
it's only failing because something is changing it. Also are you using
phylock or vss?
"30075" wrote in message news:
[email protected]...
ok, I have my new PC (Win 8.1 Pro) and I installed IfW v.2.85. I'm using
UEFI and this box has two GPT drives in it -- the first is a RAID1 using the
motherboard's Intel firmware-based RAID, and the second is a single drive.
All drives are of the 'enterprise' variety (Seagate Constellation ES.2) with
the latest firmware. IfW fails on me every time when doing a bit-by-bit
verify.
I know a common suggestion is checking the RAM. I built this PC, and the
RAM arrived a week later than the rest of the parts, so I actually pulled a
pair of DIMMs (DDR3) from another PC to use in the meantime. Got failures
with those, but if I stick them back into the original box, I can take IfW
backups without issue. And then the new RAM arrived, same thing. It always
failed on the 100MB EFI System Partition, so I excluded that & then it
failed on the 300MB Microsoft Recovery Partition. I've run probably 8 or so
backups at this point. I can't move to this PC until I know my backups are
good. I have yet to try just the C: drive, but I figured I'd go on & post
this much. No SMART errors on the drives or bad sectors. I actually pulled
these from an HP server at work that we're tossing, and the drives were
manufactured in 2012. Its RAID controller did surface defect testing on
drives in the background around the clock, so I'm pretty sure they're solid.
I am using secure boot. I will do a comprehensive RAM test.
for what it's worth, here is the partinfg output:
PARTINFG, Version 1.01
Copyright (c) 2009,2013 TeraByte, Inc. All Rights Reseverd
Run Date: 12/19/2013 3:28 PM
===============================================================================
MBR Partition Information (HD0 - 0x50E7D5EF)
(CHS: 1023/254/63) (WCHS: 243199/255/63)
+====+====+=============+====+=============+=============+=============+
| 0: | 0 | 0 0 2 | ee | 1023 255 63 | 1 | 4294967295 |
| 1: | 0 | 0 0 0 | 0 | 0 0 0 | 0 | 0 |
| 2: | 0 | 0 0 0 | 0 | 0 0 0 | 0 | 0 |
| 3: | 0 | 0 0 0 | 0 | 0 0 0 | 0 | 0 |
+====+====+=============+====+=============+=============+=============+
===============================================================================
GPT Found (HD0) {55182F34-DF44-4797-87F9-13F0F02AC80C}
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Revision: 10000 Hdr Size: 92 Max Entries: 128 PE Size: 128 PE LBA: 2
Primary LBA: 1 Backup LBA: 3906994175
FAvail LBA: 34 LAvail LBA: 3906994142
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Num Name Attr Start End
GUID Type GUID
----- ----------------------- ---------------- --------------- ---------------
-------------------------------------- --------------------------------------
0 Basic data partition 8000000000000001 2048
616447 {DE94BBA4-06D1-4D40-A16A-BFD50179D6AC}
{6CF57B17-089B-406E-98E5-671129E02378}
1 EFI system partition 8000000000000000 616448
821247 {C12A7328-F81F-11D2-BA4B-00A0C93EC93B}
{A61F1572-0D24-4D28-B152-F073B347B889}
2 Microsoft reserved part 8000000000000000 821248
1083391 {E3C9E316-0B5C-4DB8-817D-F92DF00215AE}
{1F2A2DF6-BA86-477C-B4BA-9C893C5C9CFE}
3 Basic data partition 0 1083392
3906992127 {EBD0A0A2-B9E5-4433-87C0-68B6B72699C7}
{81126D72-4C2A-46F9-8D8B-762CCFF5141C}
===============================================================================
BOOT SECTOR INFORMATION
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
File System ID: 0x7 LBA: 2048 Total Sectors: 614400
Jump: EB 52 90
OEM Name: NTFS
Bytes Per Sec: 512
Sec Per Clust: 8
Res Sectors: 0
Zero 1: 0x0
Zero 2: 0x0
NA 1: 0x0
Media: 0xF8
Zero 3: 0x0
Sec Per Track: 63
Heads: 255
Hidden Secs: 2048
NA 3: 0x800080
Total Sectors: 0x95FFF
MFT LCN: 0x6400
MFT Mirr LCN: 0x2
Clust Per FRS: 0xF6
Clust Per IBlock: 0x1
Volume SN: 0xC8769DF1769DE08C
Checksum: 0x0
Boot Flag: 0xAA55
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
File System ID: 0xB LBA: 616448 Total Sectors: 204800 ID: 0x1
Jump: EB 58 90 (EB 58 90)
OEM Name: MSDOS5.0 (MSDOS5.0)
Bytes Per Sec: 512 (512)
Sec Per Clust: 2 (2)
Res Sectors: 6654 (6654)
Num FATs: 2 (2)
Root Dir Ents: 0 (0)
Sectors: 0 (0)
Media: 0xF8 (0xF8)
Secs Per FAT: 0 (0)
Sec Per Track: 63 (63)
Heads: 255 (255)
Hidden Secs: 616448 (616448)
Huge Sectors: 204800 (204800)
Huge Secs Per FAT: 769 (769)
Flags: 0x0 (0x0)
Version: 0 (0)
Root Dir Clust: 2 (2)
FS Info Sec: 1 (1)
FS Bkup Sec: 6 (6)
Reserved: 0 0 0 0 0 0
Drive Num: 0x80 (0x80)
Res: 0x0 (0x0)
Boot Sig: 0x29 (0x29)
Vol ID: 0x549F069B (0x549F069B)
Volume Label: NO NAME (NO NAME )
FS Type: FAT32 (FAT32 )
Boot Flag: 0xAA55 (0xAA55)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
File System ID: 0x7 LBA: 1083392 Total Sectors: 3905908736 ID: 0x3
Jump: EB 52 90
OEM Name: NTFS
Bytes Per Sec: 512
Sec Per Clust: 8
Res Sectors: 0
Zero 1: 0x0
Zero 2: 0x0
NA 1: 0x0
Media: 0xF8
Zero 3: 0x0
Sec Per Track: 63
Heads: 255
Hidden Secs: 1083392
NA 3: 0x800080
Total Sectors: 0xE8CF6FFF
MFT LCN: 0xC0000
MFT Mirr LCN: 0x2
Clust Per FRS: 0xF6
Clust Per IBlock: 0x1
Volume SN: 0xC084A179445D06C2
Checksum: 0x0
Boot Flag: 0xAA55
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
===============================================================================
MBR Partition Information (HD1 - 0x00000000)
(CHS: 1023/254/63) (WCHS: 243201/255/63)
+====+====+=============+====+=============+=============+=============+
| 0: | 0 | 0 0 2 | ee | 1023 255 63 | 1 | 4294967295 |
| 1: | 0 | 0 0 0 | 0 | 0 0 0 | 0 | 0 |
| 2: | 0 | 0 0 0 | 0 | 0 0 0 | 0 | 0 |
| 3: | 0 | 0 0 0 | 0 | 0 0 0 | 0 | 0 |
+====+====+=============+====+=============+=============+=============+
===============================================================================
GPT Found (HD1) {865EBC59-1126-4D6D-BAC8-3ADAA2B3886B}
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Revision: 10000 Hdr Size: 92 Max Entries: 128 PE Size: 128 PE LBA: 2
Primary LBA: 1 Backup LBA: 3907029167
FAvail LBA: 34 LAvail LBA: 3907029134
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Num Name Attr Start End
GUID Type GUID
----- ----------------------- ---------------- --------------- ---------------
-------------------------------------- --------------------------------------
0 Microsoft reserved part 0 34
262177 {E3C9E316-0B5C-4DB8-817D-F92DF00215AE}
{80951A72-C456-4059-8D2A-C0F68981365E}
1 Basic data partition 0 264192
3907028991 {EBD0A0A2-B9E5-4433-87C0-68B6B72699C7}
{560F9E9A-971D-4C49-A7AE-6DA4D2A002E8}
===============================================================================
BOOT SECTOR INFORMATION
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
File System ID: 0x7 LBA: 264192 Total Sectors: 3906764800 ID: 0x1
Jump: EB 52 90
OEM Name: NTFS
Bytes Per Sec: 512
Sec Per Clust: 8
Res Sectors: 0
Zero 1: 0x0
Zero 2: 0x0
NA 1: 0x0
Media: 0xF8
Zero 3: 0x0
Sec Per Track: 63
Heads: 255
Hidden Secs: 264192
NA 3: 0x800080
Total Sectors: 0xE8DC7FFF
MFT LCN: 0xC0000
MFT Mirr LCN: 0x2
Clust Per FRS: 0xF6
Clust Per IBlock: 0x1
Volume SN: 0x9896E24796E2258A
Checksum: 0x0
Boot Flag: 0xAA55
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------