Page 1 of 1

Verify-only time

Posted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:56 pm
by DrTeeth
Does a verify-only take the same time as the verify after a backup? I use the standard verify after a backup and it seems much quicker than the verify-only.

I was trying to do a differential backup and got corrupt stream errors* so tried to verify the full image. It was going to take so long I decided to create a full backup instead.

*On the couple of rare occasions that I have had this issue, it seems that corruption in the last full backup is the cause. Is flaky memory the main cause? That would be a nice excuse to upgrade my 8GB to 16GB.

TIA

DrT

Re: Verify-only time

Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:23 pm
by TeraByte Support
yes, it should. just reading the file.

"DrTeeth" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

Does a verify-only take the same time as the verify after a backup? I use
the standard verify after a backup and it seems much quicker than the
verify-only.

I was trying to do a differential backup and got corrupt stream errors* so
tried to verify the full image. It was going to take so long I decided to
create a full backup instead.

*On the couple of rare occasions that I have had this issue, it seems that
corruption in the last full backup is the cause. Is flaky memory the main
cause? That would be a nice excuse to upgrade my 8GB to 16GB.

TIA

DrT