Page 1 of 1

Image for UEFI

Posted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:55 am
by jelson
I noticed that all the downloads for IFW (GUI) include IFU. Example:

"Image for Windows V2.84 (GUI) with IFD-CUI, IFL-CUI, and [b]IFU[/b]-CUI"

And then there's the Image for UEFI download.

Where do I find information about these and their usage. I know this is a new -- and very welcome -- feature.

Thanks.

Re: Image for UEFI

Posted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:52 am
by Brian K
jelson,

See http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/kb/article.php?id=572

I assume "IFD" now boots in a UEFI system without having to edit the BIOS.

Re: Image for UEFI

Posted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:04 pm
by TeraByte Support
Image for UEFI is not Image for DOS, but you can use that manual or any any
of the other manuals since the features are basically the same.

The readme.txt gives the IFU specific options.

"Brian K" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

jelson,

See

[
http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/kb/article.php?id=572
](http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/kb/article.php?id=572)

I assume "IFD" now boots in a UEFI system without having to edit the BIOS.


Re: Image for UEFI

Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:19 am
by chris
" Re: Image for UEFI
Postby Brian K » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:52 am
jelson,
See http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/kb/article.php?id=572 "

Id like to read about IFU. The kb article referenced above, does not mention it, that I can see. I haven't found much searching the site and forums, only snippets :

" Image For UEFI by TeraByte Support » Mon Nov 04, 2013 Image for UEFI is not Image for DOS,
but you can use that manual or any of the other manuals since the features are basically the same.
Pasted from <viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1319&p=6680&hilit=IFU#p6680> "

What am I missing? It's not IFD, OK. What is it? Is there an intro and description, or any documentation available?

Thanks

Re: Image for UEFI

Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:14 am
by chris
btw I just burnt IFU 2.88 to CD for the second time, and its the same as the first burn last week: the only file on the burnt disc is "contents.txt", and its sole contents are:
"Disc Information:
Bootable: Yes
Boot Mode: UEFIx64
Product: Image for UEFI "
I burnt it from Start - Programs ...Image for Windows - V2 - Image for UEFI - IFU-Create Recovery Boot Media
(and the readme.txt is also located here)

thank you

Re: Image for UEFI

Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:58 am
by TeraByte Support
did you try booting it?

"chris" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

btw I just burnt IFU 2.88 to CD for the second time, and its the same as
the first burn last week: the only file on the burnt disc is "contents.txt",
and its sole contents are:
"Disc Information:
Bootable: Yes
Boot Mode: UEFIx64
Product: Image for UEFI "
I burnt it from Start - Programs ...Image for Windows - V2 - Image for
UEFI - IFU-Create Recovery Boot Media
(and the readme.txt is also located here)

thank you


Re: Image for UEFI

Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:15 pm
by chris
OK, it does boot.

IFU info?

thanks

Re: Image for UEFI

Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:10 pm
by TeraByte Support
what kind of info? It's simply a version of Image that runs in the UEFI
environment.

"chris" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

OK, it does boot.

IFU info?

thanks


Re: Image for UEFI

Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:36 am
by chris
I'm wanting to understand it, is all.
"Image for Linux (IFL) v2.79 or later supports booting via CD or USB flash drive on UEFI systems. Secure Boot is supported with IFL v2.81 or later."
I'm wondering, what are the capabilities, advantages and disadvantages of IFU compared with IFL?
And, When would we use IFU?
IFL is the first choice on a UEFI machine & IFU is an alternative if IFL doesnt work?
Or is IFU the first choice on a UEFI system?

thank you

Re: Image for UEFI

Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:58 pm
by TeraByte Support
The UEFI environment on many if not most systems is not very stable - so
just use IFL unless there was some issue with it. But if your system has a
good stable and current UEFI environment, you could use IFU instead (but IFL
has a lot of other options available, networking, etc.. ).


"chris" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

I'm wanting to understand it, is all.
"Image for Linux (IFL) v2.79 or later supports booting via CD or USB flash
drive on UEFI systems. Secure Boot is?supported with IFL v2.81 or later."
I'm wondering, what are the capabilities, advantages and disadvantages of
IFU compared with IFL?
And, When would we use IFU?
IFL is the first choice on a UEFI machine & IFU is an alternative if IFL
doesnt work?
Or is IFU the first choice on a UEFI system?

thank you