Multi Boot WinXP 64 bit and win8 64 bit Is it possible?
Posted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:52 pm
Hello everyone,
I have been using Boot Next generation for 5 years booting between Windows Home 32bit and Windows XP 64 bit. Never had issues.
Today I am trying to do something similar by Creating a multi boot system between Windows XP 64bit (isntalled) and Windows 8 64bit (unistalled). Yes I am skipping Win7.
This is what I have done so far:
1. I upgraded from BING to BIBM
2. I wipped out the old Win Home 32bit.
3. I have a Raid 0 configuration and created a new partition for win 8 of 200Gb, Win XP 64 will remain in its current active partition.
4. I have a smaller partition of free space just in case is needed of 68Gb
5. I have changed BIOS setting to support booting in legacy BIOS mode
6. I am following Terabyte's link: www.terabyteunlimited.com/kb/article.php?id=580
7. I have a Win8 64bit installation disk ready.
8. I have BIBM in an USB drive to repair it just in case
9. Anything else that I am leaving behind before proceeding?
Thanks
I have been using Boot Next generation for 5 years booting between Windows Home 32bit and Windows XP 64 bit. Never had issues.
Today I am trying to do something similar by Creating a multi boot system between Windows XP 64bit (isntalled) and Windows 8 64bit (unistalled). Yes I am skipping Win7.
This is what I have done so far:
1. I upgraded from BING to BIBM
2. I wipped out the old Win Home 32bit.
3. I have a Raid 0 configuration and created a new partition for win 8 of 200Gb, Win XP 64 will remain in its current active partition.
4. I have a smaller partition of free space just in case is needed of 68Gb
5. I have changed BIOS setting to support booting in legacy BIOS mode
6. I am following Terabyte's link: www.terabyteunlimited.com/kb/article.php?id=580
7. I have a Win8 64bit installation disk ready.
8. I have BIBM in an USB drive to repair it just in case
9. Anything else that I am leaving behind before proceeding?
Thanks