IFW 2.83 Location of "Bad sectors"
Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:54 pm
Sorry if this is a duplicate, but the forum software says "bad sectors" are too common words to search for.
I have an internal drive that's going bad, will be RMA'ing with Western Digital. Neither WD's diagnostics nor chkdsk nor Spinrite are able to repair.
As in subject line, I'm using IFW 2.83. Running backup with options "Validate", "Omit Page File Data", "Omit Hibernation Data", "Ignore IO Errors" (so I don't need to babysit it), "Log Results to File".
In my log, I get entries like:
[10/8/2013 9:38:47 PM] Bad Sectors - Reading:2 Writing:0 (1)
I'd like to find out whether those bad sectors are occupied, and if so by what file(s), so when I copy to the new drive I can know whether to try to find those files in an older backup or re-create some other way. I've seen forum references to FINDLBAF.ZIP, and downloaded that, but now don't know what locations to send in to findlbaf.
Any advice? E.g. if I don't check "Ignore IO Errors" will I get the locations?
Thanks.
I have an internal drive that's going bad, will be RMA'ing with Western Digital. Neither WD's diagnostics nor chkdsk nor Spinrite are able to repair.
As in subject line, I'm using IFW 2.83. Running backup with options "Validate", "Omit Page File Data", "Omit Hibernation Data", "Ignore IO Errors" (so I don't need to babysit it), "Log Results to File".
In my log, I get entries like:
[10/8/2013 9:38:47 PM] Bad Sectors - Reading:2 Writing:0 (1)
I'd like to find out whether those bad sectors are occupied, and if so by what file(s), so when I copy to the new drive I can know whether to try to find those files in an older backup or re-create some other way. I've seen forum references to FINDLBAF.ZIP, and downloaded that, but now don't know what locations to send in to findlbaf.
Any advice? E.g. if I don't check "Ignore IO Errors" will I get the locations?
Thanks.