Can't open image of computer A on computer B
Posted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:28 pm
My galfriend has two new Win8 computers, running Win7. This morning I used IFD to back up the C and D drives on one of her computers to an external USB HDD. Thanks to Support for helping me get that done using USBIgnoreMask=2. After the backup was completed, I took the external HDD to her other computer and told her she could have "her" computer back. (I surf on her other computer when I visit.) I intended to examine the images on "my" computer (her second computer). I selected the backup and attempted to open it. It said "Insert media 1 containing file F:\DorWin7D100313.tbi -there is no such media of course. Next I started TBIView, selected "File", then "Open", then in the left pane selected the external HDD. When it expanded in the left pane (by hitting "+") the images were not revealed; however, when I expanded the HDD into the right pane, the images were revealed. I mention this in case that's a bug; you'll be aware. Next I double clicked the image to open it and got the message "You don't have permission to open this file. Contact the file owner or an administrator to obtain permission." What the H...!!!
I didn't password protect this image to my knowledge. Why can't I open it on her second computer? And, how can I open it on her second computer? I don't recall things like this happening in earlier versions of TBIView. As I recall, TBIView would directly open .tbi images. Next I right-clicked the image file and selected "Open with" and got the option to open with TBIView, and selected that. Would you believe I then got the message "You don't have permission to open this file. Contact the file owner or an administrator to obtain permission." What the h...!!!, again!!!
Both of her computers are identical, except for the names I gave them when I started them up. If her primary computer fails, I hope to be able to install an image of her primary computer onto her second computer. Please explain how I can do that. Thanks
I didn't password protect this image to my knowledge. Why can't I open it on her second computer? And, how can I open it on her second computer? I don't recall things like this happening in earlier versions of TBIView. As I recall, TBIView would directly open .tbi images. Next I right-clicked the image file and selected "Open with" and got the option to open with TBIView, and selected that. Would you believe I then got the message "You don't have permission to open this file. Contact the file owner or an administrator to obtain permission." What the h...!!!, again!!!
Both of her computers are identical, except for the names I gave them when I started them up. If her primary computer fails, I hope to be able to install an image of her primary computer onto her second computer. Please explain how I can do that. Thanks