If you go to drive management in windows and see that drive 0 is not the
bios boot drive then you'd need the bootnow.ini file to point to the drive
that is the BIOS boot drive, otherwise you don't need it.
Also, in BootIt, the "bootnow support" option must be enabled in settings.
"tas3086" wrote in message news:
[email protected]...
I am now very confused, but progress is being made. Bootnow now reboots my
system, but nothing else.
I have a 4 hard drive, multi-partitioned, multi-operating system setup. My
fastest normally booted drive is a sata6 drive and is unfortunately placed
by bios as the last hardware device. Esata drives are first on the list,
and because they are removable, it causes lots of hardware ID change
problems. That is why I created a TBS Script file to backup (IFD) using
partition names rather than HWID# and Partition#.
Please tell me exactly what the BOOTNOW.INI HD=# refers to. Is it the ID of
the drive that is the BIOS selected boot drive? The drive that contains
BIBM? The drive that has the operating system that is currently running the
BOOTNOW program? , Or possibly the drive that contains the BUI8.TBS script
that I am trying to invoke?
After that, I assume that the script that is to be invoked is located in the
root directory of the BIBM booted partition. Is this true, or is it located
somewhere else? Or does bootnow use the HWID#, Partition ID#, and directory
path that bootnow is invoked from?
Does it make any difference if BIBM has password protected selection
options?
Does it make any difference if BIBM has a default selected boot item?
As you can see I am really frustrated as to why I can not get my script to
run using bootnow.
BIBM===>Bootit Bear Metal