IFL command line interface
Posted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:17 pm
While I had an occasion to make use of the P2V tool from the IFL CD environment, I decided to use the opportunity to take a better look at the textual Help file for the command line shell tools provided there. I had never perused it thoroughly in the past, and I was delighted to find the variety of rescue programs you put into it. It is an impressive assortment for sure, and my favorite one was the awesome hardware reporting program. I ran it on my main PC, and it showed me just about everything I could ever hope, or need, to see about it. I also appreciated the clear explanation given for how to use these programs.
Your inclusion of an ssh client/server program was what made me start thinking more clearly about how your suite of "backup" programs is really more multifaceted than I had thought of it previously. It's really more like a full fledged set of "go-to" rescue tools, but with the added bonus of having the "best" (i.e., dependable, efficient and comprehensive) disk imaging program for either Linux or Windows OS available. I'll go out on a limb here and say that about the only thing I would like to put on a wish-list is a partitioning program (something like, say, fdisk?). I am really, really thinking hard about creating a little partition on my hard disk to put this whole CD image on just so I can be sure it is handy and ready to boot into in a pinch. Take care and thanks for all the great support you guys provide us.
Your inclusion of an ssh client/server program was what made me start thinking more clearly about how your suite of "backup" programs is really more multifaceted than I had thought of it previously. It's really more like a full fledged set of "go-to" rescue tools, but with the added bonus of having the "best" (i.e., dependable, efficient and comprehensive) disk imaging program for either Linux or Windows OS available. I'll go out on a limb here and say that about the only thing I would like to put on a wish-list is a partitioning program (something like, say, fdisk?). I am really, really thinking hard about creating a little partition on my hard disk to put this whole CD image on just so I can be sure it is handy and ready to boot into in a pinch. Take care and thanks for all the great support you guys provide us.